|Genre||Football, comedy, parody|
|Total views||2.0 billion|
|Updated 15 December 2019|
442oons is a YouTube animation parody channel set up in 2013. The channel focuses on animated association football parodies, such as Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga and Champions League matches. He now works with Bundesliga to make weekly videos on the channel.
The channel's creator, Dean Stobbart, originally a teacher from Norton, County Durham, had in the past been a part-time voice actor who also did some animation for his lessons. He said he saw a gap in the market that "no one had really done football cartoons before", so he made his first animated video, a parody of Uruguayan footballer Luis Suárez and then-Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger in a cartoon parody of a scene from The Silence of the Lambs in August 2013. The video currently has 2.3 million views and was followed up with another Suárez-themed video which has received more than fourteen million views. Since then he has worked with organisations such as TalkSport and Sky Sports on animations. His videos have also been featured on Metro and the Spanish Marca He said in an interview with Tubefilter that his next goal is to have two million subscribers (which he reached in July 2018). Although Stobbart had originally created his videos by himself, he has now hired three animators, Sam Dunscombe, Mike Myler and James Williams. Sam Dunscombe and Dean Stobbart have also been featured in some other videos, where they play mobile games such as OSM
In July 2017, he created a new YouTube channel parodying the celebrity world called Celebri2oons. On 24 April 2019, he launched a game called 442oons Football Runner App under 442oons Limited which features fusions of football players: Lionel Suarez (Lionel Messigician (Lionel Messi) and Luis Suárez), Mohamed Milner (Mohamed Salah and James Milner), Cristiano Dybala (Cristiano Arrogantaldo (Cristiano Ronaldo) and Paulo Dybala), Edison Jr. (Edinson Cavani and Notaxmar (Neymar Jr).), Raheem Aguero (Raheem Sterling and Sergio Agüero), Mesut Aubameyang (Mesut Özil and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang), and Antoine Costa (Antoine 4G-riezmann (Antoine Griezmann) and Diego Costa). He also has been in partnership with the German Bundesliga YouTube channel, Onefootball, The Football Republic and Other Youtube Channels. Other than that his channel has a part in Online Soccer Manager, or OSM, the mobile football game.
- @442oons (10 July 2014). "20 million YT views since the World Cup started - 100k new subs! Thanks everyone! :-) #worldcup #brazil2014 #gobsmacked" (Tweet). Retrieved 19 May 2019 – via Twitter.
- 442oons (8 February 2017). "🔥1 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS CLUB REVEAL🔥". YouTube. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- Corking, Graham (23 August 2016). "This former teacher from Norton has 850,000 subscribers on YouTube". TeessideLive. Reach plc. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- 442oons (8 August 2013). "LUIS SUAREZ BITE 🎬Silence of the Lambs Remake🎬! by 442oons (football cartoon parody)". YouTube. Retrieved 10 April 2019.
- 442oons (24 August 2013). "😁LUIS SUAREZ BITE😁 by 442oons (Suarez Evra Ivanovic football cartoon) Seven Sins of Suarez". YouTube. Retrieved 10 April 2019.
- talkSPORT (1 April 2015). "The best football April Fool of them all? 442oons sends up Bayern Munich stars". Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- Bloomfield, Craig (21 January 2015). "Mourinho v Sterling: The video footage YOU DIDN'T SEE from Liverpool v Chelsea!". Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- "The 4 conspiracy theories surrounding Gabi's 'penalty' - MARCA English". Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- "YouTube Millionaires: 442oons Animates The "Ridiculous World Of Football"". 16 February 2017. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- "Celebri2oons". YouTube. Retrieved 2 April 2019.