Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Factorization||22 × 11|
|Divisors||1, 2, 4, 11, 22, 44|
- Forty-four is a tribonacci number, an octahedral number and the number of derangements of 5 items.
- Since the greatest prime factor of 442 + 1 = 1937 is 149 and thus more than 44 twice, 44 is a Størmer number.
- Given Euler's totient function, φ(44) = 20 and φ(69) = 44.
- 44 is a repdigit.
- In decimal notation (base 10), 44 is a palindromic number and a happy number.
- Messier object M44, a magnitude 4.0 open cluster in the constellation Cancer, also known as the Beehive Cluster
- The New General Catalogue object NGC 44, a double star in the constellation Andromeda
- The ITU country code for international direct dial telephone calls to the United Kingdom
- The .44 Magnum or .44 Special revolver cartridges
In other fields
- Barack Obama is also known as Number 44 after being elected the 44th President of the United States of America in 2008, succeeding George W. Bush and preceding Donald J. Trump.
- The name of a mysterious savior of Poland prophesied by the Polish national poet Adam Mickiewicz in his masterpiece dramatic poem Dziady (Forefathers): In scene 5 of act 3, the priest Piotr announces a "reviver of the nation" who is to bring back the lost freedom of Poland, and describes him with these words:
- Born from a foreign mother, his blood of ancient heroes,
- And his name will be forty and four.
- A poker game in which each player is dealt four cards down, and four cards are dealt face down on the table in a row. The first three cards on the table are "community" cards and may be used in any player's hand. The fourth card and any card matching it in rank is wild, and can also be used in a hand (each player is guaranteed one wild card). For each of four rounds, one "community" card is flipped up and a round of betting occurs. After the last round, the winner is the person with the highest poker hand.
- In spirituality, 44 is often referred to as an angel number associated with higher state of consciousness.
- +44 is the name of the band including Blink-182 vocalist/bassist Mark Hoppus and Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker.
- In the song "44 Fours" by Jay Z, he rhymes the words four, for and fore 44 times. This song is a follow up from the song "22 Two's".
- Vicks Formula 44 is a cough suppressant.
- The number of the French department Loire-Atlantique
- A blues song, "Forty-Four", also known as "44 Blues"
- "44 Minutes" is a song by heavy metal band Megadeth
- Mark Twain's The Mysterious Stranger features Satan's supposed nephew, whose alternate name in parallel works is "44".
- The number of candles in a box of Hanukkah candles.
- An agent in the American television series Get Smart goes under the title of 44, usually assigned to small, enclosed, unexpected spots, to meet Maxwell Smart, agent 86.
- Number 44 (Russian: Номер 44) is the Russian localized title for a 2015 American-British mystery thriller film Child 44.
- In an operation to capture Zulkifli Abdhir and Abdul Basit Usman, 44 of the Philippine National Police Special Action Force died during the Mamasapano clash. They were later dubbed as The Fallen 44 or SAF 44.
- Former Portuguese prime-minister José Sócrates is known as "Prisoner 44".
- +44 is the code for international direct-dial phone calls to United Kingdom.
- In the song "44 Bars" by Logic, his verse is exactly 44 bars long.
- "Sloane's A000073 : Tribonacci numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-30.
- "Sloane's A005900 : Octahedral numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-30.
- "Sloane's A000166 : Subfactorial or rencontres numbers, or derangements". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-30.
- "Sloane's A005528 : Størmer numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-30.
- "Sloane's A007770 : Happy numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-30.
- "What is Angel Number 44: Why You Keep Seeing it?". Takanta. Retrieved 2021-04-11.
- "Vicks Formula 44 oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD". www.webmd.com. Retrieved 2021-04-11.
- "The 15 Best Megadeth Songs: Critic's Picks". Billboard. Retrieved 2021-04-11.
- "O martírio do preso número 44". Jornal Observador (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2017-01-15.
- "José Sócrates é o recluso 44". Jornal Expresso (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2021-04-11.