450 Lexington Avenue
|450 Lexington Avenue|
|Location||450 Lexington Avenue|
Manhattan, New York City
|Height||173 metres (568 ft)|
|Floor area||910,273 square feet (84,567 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Warren and Wetmore (Original structure) |
Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill (New tower)
450 Lexington Avenue is a 38-story office building located on Lexington Avenue between East 44th and East 45th streets, in Manhattan. The building, which was built in 1992, is clad in Sardinian gray granite and features a repeating diamond motif that highlights the building setbacks and its crown.
The tower was built within and on top of the preexisting structure of the Grand Central Post Office, which was designed by Warren and Wetmore and constructed from 1906 to 1909. It was originally developed by Hines after anchor tenant and original developer Prudential Financial backed out of the project.
The building is currently owned by RXR Realty, and was owned by Istithmar World from 2006 to 2012. Istithmar purchased 450 Lexington in 2006 but refinanced the property the following year for $600 million. Current tenants include Brixmor Property Group, Davis Polk & Wardwell, Herbert Smith Freehills, Warburg Pincus, and WeWork.
- Dunlap, David W. (25 November 1990). "Commercial Property: 450 Lexington Avenue; Up From the Depths: A Neo-Neo-Classical Tower". The New York Times. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "450 Lexington Avenue". Emporis. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "450 Lexington". Hines. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- Mauer, Mark (10 June 2013). "RXR to scoop up 49 percent stake in One Worldwide Plaza". The Real Deal. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- Bagli, Charles V. (5 June 2006). "New Owners Plan to Bring Knickerbocker Hotel Back to Times Square". The New York Times. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- Rosen, Daniel Edward (2012-07-11). "RXR Realty To Buy 450 Lexington Avenue from Istithmar World Capital". Commercial Observer. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- Malesevic, Dusica Sue (3 March 2016). "WeWork, Lend Lease in talks for global office venture: report". The Real Deal. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- Media related to 450 Lexington Avenue at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a building or structure in Manhattan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|