|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Skiing, Snowsports, Manufacturing|
|Founded||Utah, USA (2002)|
|Headquarters||Salt Lake City, Utah, USA|
4FRNT Skis is an independent brand of alpine skis, bindings, poles, touring skins and apparel that helped to pioneer the development of the freeskiing movement. 4FRNT introduced the model of a rider-owned and operated ski company to the sport.
4FRNT Skis was founded by professional skier Matt Sterbenz in 2002 in a garage in Truckee, CA and moved to a factory in 2003. In 2004 4FRNT products were unveiled at the Las Vegas SIA show, the company's first park ski went into production. 4FRNT moved to its current headquarters in Salt Lake City in 2005. In 2006 production was outsourced to Europe. 4FRNT changed its logo in 2007. CR Johnson joined the 4FRNT team in 2009, delivering new concepts to ski design, as a new owner is brought in. While they are American owned, the majority products are produced in Europe, and locally in Salt Lake City.
The White Room
The white room was first introduced in 2010. Whilst the majority of 4FRNT's production is outsourced to Europe, a number of different models are produced in house in Salt Lake City, Utah. The design and manufacture of such skis, (for example the Renegade) are said to be done in the White Room.
Team consists of Eric Hjorleifson, Wiley Miller, David Wise, Kye Petersen, Mack Jones, Thayne Rich, Espen Bergh, and Kalle Leinnonen. With other less prominent riders on a "National" team.
4FRNT manufactures skis, bindings, poles, touring skins and apparel. The majority of their skis are manufactured in the Elan factory, in continental Europe, however a number of select models are manufactured 'in house' in Utah. 4FRNT's bindings are 'rebranded' Tyrolia bindings, so all Tyrolia freeski bindings are available with 4FRNT branding.
Notable skis, past and present
- RENEGADE - White Room Signature Series - The brainchild of Eric Hjorleifson prototyped and produced in 4FRNT's SLC White Room. A reverse camber, matching sidecut powder ski.
- Raven - White Room Signature Series - The final chapter in the trilogy of Eric Hjorleifson's full reverse camber quiver. Ideal for backcountry use and ski mountaineering.
- WISE - White Room Signature Series - David Wise's signature halfpipe ski. Works very well in the halfpipe (2014 Olympic Gold Medalist).
- EHP - Eric Hjorliefson Signature Model - Big Mountain/Powder/Zero Camber Ski - NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION
- HOJI - New Eric Hjorliefson pro model ski, which replaced the EHP for the 2012/2013 season.
- YLE - Wiley Miller Signature Model - A powder ski for freestyle skiers.
- CRJ - CR Johnson Signature Model - Rockered with Camber Powder/ Backcountry
- MSP - Matt Sterbenz Signature Model - Traditional camber dual radius sidecut all mountain ski - NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION
- Turbo - Identity Series - Former shape of the VCT - A true west coast all mountain ski with early rise- NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION
- Devastator - Identity Series - Another product of 4FRNT's White Room extrapolating the success of the Reflect Tech design of the HOJI and Renegade. Replaced the Turbo - West coast all mountain
- Gaucho - Identity Series - Formerly the CODY. 4FRNT added a layer of Titanal to the construction and kept the classic CODY shape. A ripping all mountain ski great for any condition on either coast.
- Switchblade - Identity Series - Directional park and pipe ski with traditional camber
- CLICK - Identity Series - Cap construction Park and Pipe ski with lightweight construction and low pricepoint
- Pique - Identity Series Model - All-Mountain Ski - NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION
- Aretha - Identity Series - Women's Model - Wider body west coast all mountain ski with Reflect Tech
- Madonna - Identity Series - Women's Model - All-Mountain Ski
- Blondie - Identity Series - Women's Model - Park and Pipe Ski
- Grom - Identity Series Model - Twin-Tip All-Mountain Junior Sk
- Hjorleifson, helped made possible by Cody Barnhill in 4F
- brainchild of Eri