4th Ward, Chicago
|4th Ward - Chicago|
|• Body||City of Chicago|
|• Alderman||vacant (vacant)|
The 4th Ward is one of the 50 aldermanic wards with representation in the City Council of Chicago, Illinois. It is broken into 52 election precincts. Lake Michigan is the ward's eastern boundary for much of its area. Its northwesternmost point, as of 2002, was located at the intersection of East 26th Street and South Prairie Avenue and its southeasternmost point at the intersection of East 55th Street and Lake Park Avenue.
David K. Fremon wrote in 1988 that "No other ward has wealth and poverty in such proximity."
List of Aldermen
- 1955-1973 - Claude Holman
- 1973-1991 - Timothy C. Evans
- 1991-2010 - Toni Preckwinkle
- 2010-2011 - Shirley Newsome
- 2011-2016 (resigned 3/1/2016 ) - William D. Burns
- 2016-Present - Sophia King
- "Ward 4". City of Chicago. Retrieved 2011-12-05.
- "4th Ward - 52 election precincts" (PDF). Chicagoelections.com. 4 January 2002. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- David K. Fremon (October 1988). Chicago politics, ward by ward. Indiana University Press. p. 42. ISBN 978-0-253-20490-5. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- "Ald. Will Burns Resigns, Leaves 4th Ward Seat Vacant, Will Go To Airbnb". dnainfo.com. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "City of Chicago :: Ward 4". www.cityofchicago.org. Retrieved 2016-09-02.
|This Chicago geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to the politics of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|