|CAS Number||13396-94-6 N|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||175.27 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)||Interactive image|
5-(2-Aminopropyl)-2,3-dihydro-1H-indene (5-APDI), also known as indanylaminopropane (IAP), IAP (psychedelic), 2-API(2-aminopropylindane), indanametamine, and, incorrectly, as indanylamphetamine, is an entactogen and psychedelic drug of the amphetamine family. It has been sold by online vendors through the Internet and has been encountered as a designer drug since 2003, but its popularity and availability has diminished in recent years.
5-APDI acts as a potent and weakly selective serotonin releasing agent (SSRA) with IC50 values of 82 nM, 1,848 nM, and 849 nM for inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine, respectively. It fully substitutes for MBDB but not amphetamine in trained animals, though it does produce disruption for the latter at high doses.
5-APDI has been classified as a class B drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 since 10 June 2014.
- Casale JF, McKibben TD, Bozenko JS, Hays PA (2005). "Characterization of the "Indanylamphetamines"". Microgram Journal. 3 (1–2): 3–10.
- Monte AP, Marona-Lewicka D, Cozzi NV, Nichols DE (November 1993). "Synthesis and pharmacological examination of benzofuran, indan, and tetralin analogues of 3,4-(methylenedioxy)amphetamine". Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 36 (23): 3700–6. doi:10.1021/jm00075a027. PMID 8246240.
- Parker MA, Marona-Lewicka D, Kurrasch D, Shulgin AT, Nichols DE (March 1998). "Synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of ring-methylated derivatives of 3,4-(methylenedioxy)amphetamine (MDA)". Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 41 (6): 1001–5. doi:10.1021/jm9705925. PMID 9526575.
- The Vaults of Erowid - Indanylaminopropane
- Erowid Experience Vaults - Indanylaminopropane
- Bluelight Forums - The Big and Dandy Indanylaminopropane (IAP) Thread
- MadMax - Illustrated Synthesis of Indanylaminopropane
(and close relatives)