|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|Molecular mass||270.375 g/mol|
|(what is this?)|
The full name of the chemical is N-allyl-N-[2-(5-methoxy-1H-indol-3-yl)ethyl]prop-2-en-1-amine. It is related to the compounds 5-MeO-DPT and DALT. Its metabolism has been described in scientific literature.
The first material regarding the synthesis and effects of 5-MeO-DALT was sent from Alexander Shulgin to a research associate named Murple in May 2004, after which it was circulated online. In June 2004 5-MeO-DALT became available from internet research chemical vendors after being synthesized by commercial laboratories in China. In August 2004 the synthesis and effects of 5-MeO-DALT were published by Erowid.
Doses ranging from 12–20 mg were tested by Alexander Shulgin's research group.
There are numerous anecdotal reports of users consuming dosages far in excess of those tested by Alexander Shulgin, although there is no published literature on the toxicity of 5-MeO-DALT.
As of October 2015 5-MeO-DALT is a controlled substance in China.
5-MeO-DALT became a Class A drug in the UK on January 7th 2015 after an update to the tryptamine blanket ban.
5-MeO-DALT is listed in the Fifth Schedule of the Misuse of Drugs Act (MDA) and therefore illegal in Singapore as of May 2015.
Sveriges riksdag added 5-MeO-DALT to schedule I ("substances, plant materials and fungi which normally do not have medical use") as narcotics in Sweden as of May 1, 2012, published by Medical Products Agency in their regulation LVFS 2012:6 listed as 5-MeO-DALT N-allyl-N-[2-(5-metoxi-1H-indol-3-yl)etyl]-prop-2-en-1-amin.
5-MeO-DALT is not scheduled at the federal level in the United States, but it is likely that it could be considered an analog of 5-Meo-DiPT or another tryptamine, in which case purchase, sale, or possession could be prosecuted under the Federal Analog Act.
- Julian A. Michely, Andreas G. Helfer, Simon D. Brandt, Markus R. Meyer, Hans H. Maurer (August 2015). "Metabolism of the new psychoactive substances N,N-diallyltryptamine (DALT) and 5-methoxy-DALT and their detectability in urine by GC–MS, LC–MS n , and LC–HR–MS–MS". Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. doi:10.1007/s00216-015-8955-0. PMID 26297461.
- Hamilton Morris, Ash Smith (2 May 2010). "The Last Interview With Alexander Shulgin". Vice. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "Sasha Shulgin - 5-MeO-DALT, 2C-B-FLY & 5-EtOs". Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "厚生労働省：平成１8年度無承認無許可医薬品等買上調査の結果について" (in Japanese). Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "CNB NEWS RELEASE". Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB). 30 April 2015. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- Generaldirektör Christina Rångemark Åkerman (20 April 2012). "Föreskrifter om ändring i Läkemedelsverkets föreskrifter (LVFS 2011:10) om förteckningar över narkotika" (PDF) (in Swedish). Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- §1308.11 Schedule I.
- Florida Statutes - Chapter 893 - DRUG ABUSE PREVENTION AND CONTROL
- "Louisiana State Legislature". Retrieved 3 September 2015.