50 Hudson Yards
|50 Hudson Yards|
Future site of 50 Hudson Yards
Oxford Properties Group Inc.
|Roof||985 ft (300 m)|
|Top floor||985 ft (300 m)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Foster + Partners|
50 Hudson Yards is a 58-story and 985 ft tall building being planned as part of the Hudson Yards Redevelopment Project in Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan. The planned building is to be located to the north of 30 Hudson Yards, and on the east side of the Hudson Park and Boulevard, adjacent to 55 Hudson Yards. It will total 2.9 million square feet of commercial space. Located at the southwest corner of 34th Street and 10th Avenue, it will replace the drive-through McDonald's that had long occupied the space.
In April 2014, new renderings of a 62-story, 2,300,000-square-foot (210,000 m2) building were released. The tower was shown at a height of 1,068 feet (326 m). The building's plans were also changed; the building, originally meant to be step-like structure with a white facade, was updated to reflect a three-part structure with three rectangular components, each one smaller than the one below it.
In December 2016, a revised plan for the building was released, with BlackRock as the anchor tenant. New renderings for the building, designed by Foster + Partners were revealed. In September 2017, developer Related Companies obtained $3.8 billion in financing for the new tower, including a $1.5 billion loan. Mistui Fudosan owns a 90 percent stake in the building. Bank of China, Deutsche Bank and Wells Fargo contributed financing for the tower. Work on the foundation of 50 Hudson Yards began in May 2018.
- "50 Hudson Yards". Skyscraper Center. CTBUH. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
- Dailey, Jessica (2013-12-05). "Design Changes Revealed For Two Hudson Yards Towers - Rendering Redos - Curbed NY". Ny.curbed.com. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "Related office tower at 50 Hudson Yards gets renderings". The Real Deal. April 30, 2014. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- Rosenberg, Zoe (30 April 2014). "Fickle Hudson Yards Tower Gets New Design, Renderings". Curbed NY. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- Bagli, Charles V. (2016-12-08). "BlackRock Reaches a Deal for a Move to Hudson Yards". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-02-17.
- Grant, Peter (2017-09-04). "Banks Close $1.5 Billion Loan for Flagship Tower at Hudson Yards". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2018-02-17.
- "Mitsui Fudosan takes 90% stake in NYC's most expensive office tower". The Real Deal. 1 September 2017. Retrieved 28 June 2018.
- Nelson, Andrew (11 May 2018). "Excavation Wraps For Foster + Partners' 50 Hudson Yards As Foundation Work Begins". YIMBY. Retrieved 28 June 2018.
|This article about a building or structure in Manhattan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|