This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|512 by topic|
|Ab urbe condita||1265|
|Balinese saka calendar||433–434|
|Chinese calendar||辛卯年 (Metal Rabbit)|
3208 or 3148
— to —
壬辰年 (Water Dragon)
3209 or 3149
|- Vikram Samvat||568–569|
|- Shaka Samvat||433–434|
|- Kali Yuga||3612–3613|
|Iranian calendar||110 BP – 109 BP|
|Islamic calendar||113 BH – 112 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1400 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||823/824 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1054–1055|
638 or 257 or −515
— to —
639 or 258 or −514
Year 512 (DXII) was a leap year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Paulus and Moschianus (or, less frequently, year 1265 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 512 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Emperor Anastasius I ends a period of moderate eclectic policy, and starts strongly favoring his own monophysitist beliefs.
- Areobindus, Byzantine general, is proclaimed emperor during a riot at Constantinople but refuses to take part in the usurpation.
- Anastasius I constructs a wall from the Black Sea to the Sea of Marmara, to protect Constantinople from raiding Bulgars and Slavs.
- King Theodoric the Great grants citizens on Mount Vesuvius exemption from taxes, after a severe eruption in southeastern Italy.
- The Ostrogoths conquer the Frankish province Rouergue (Southern Gaul).
- David, Welsh bishop and saint (approximate date)
- Eutychius, patriarch of Constantinople (approximate date)
- Maurus, Roman abbot and saint (d. 584)
- Wu Mingche, general of the Chen Dynasty (d. 578)
- Lady Xian, Chinese general (d. 602)
- "Vesuvius | Facts, Location, & Eruptions". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved April 7, 2019.
- Wade, Geoff (2014). Asian Expansions: The Historical Experiences of Polity Expansion in Asia. Routledge. p. 77. ISBN 9781135043537.