This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2019)
|519 by topic|
|Ab urbe condita||1272|
|Balinese saka calendar||440–441|
|Chinese calendar||戊戌年 (Earth Dog)|
3215 or 3155
— to —
己亥年 (Earth Pig)
3216 or 3156
|- Vikram Samvat||575–576|
|- Shaka Samvat||440–441|
|- Kali Yuga||3619–3620|
|Iranian calendar||103 BP – 102 BP|
|Islamic calendar||106 BH – 105 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1393 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||830/831 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1061–1062|
645 or 264 or −508
— to —
646 or 265 or −507
Year 519 (DXIX) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Iustinus and Cillica (or, less frequently, year 1272 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 519 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Cerdic becomes the first king of the Kingdom of Wessex (according to the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle).
- The synagogues of Ravenna are burnt down in a riot; Theodoric the Great orders them to be rebuilt at Ravenna's expense.
- March 28 – The Eastern and Western churches reconcile their differences, ending the Acacian Schism.
- Jacob of Serugh becomes bishop of Batnan (near modern Diyarbakir, Turkey).
- The Memoirs of Eminent Monks is compiled.
- In Ireland, the Diocese of Kildare is erected.
- Xuan Di, emperor of the Liang Dynasty (d. 562)
- Munjamyeong of Goguryeo, 21st king of Goguryeo
- ^ "Cerdic | king of Wessex". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved May 30, 2019.
- ^ a b "List of Rulers of Korea". www.metmuseum.org. Retrieved April 19, 2019.