From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 522 BC)
|This article does not cite any references (sources). (December 2011)|
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||7th century BC – 6th century BC – 5th century BC|
|Decades:||550s BC 540s BC 530s BC – 520s BC – 510s BC 500s BC 490s BC|
|Years:||529 BC 528 BC 527 BC 526 BC 525 BC 524 BC 523 BC 522 BC 521 BC 520 BC|
|Births – Deaths|
- 529 BC—Cambyses II started to rule. He is son of Cyrus II. He conquered Egypt and Cyprus.
- 528 BC—Gautama Buddha attained Enlightenment, and began his ministry.
- 527 BC—Pisistratus a tyrant of Athens dies: his son Hippias inherits his power.
- 526 BC—Psammetichus III succeeds Amasis II as king of Egypt.
- 526 BC—King Liao of Wu ascends to power in the State of Wu in China during the Zhou Dynasty.
- 525 BC—Cambyses II, ruler of Persia, conquers Egypt, defeating Psammetichus III. This is considered the end of the Twenty-sixth Dynasty, and the start of the Persian Twenty-seventh Dynasty.
- c. 525 BC—Coins started to have an image on two sides.
- 522 BC—Bardiya succeeds Cambyses II as ruler of Persia.
- 522 BC—Babylon rebels against Persian rule.
- 522 BC—Darius I succeeds Bardiya as ruler of Persia. He is the son of a government official.
- 521 BC—The Babylonian rebellion against Persian rule is suppressed.
- 520 BC—Zhou dao wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China but dies before the end of the year.
- 520 BC—Cleomenes I succeeds Anaxandridas as king of Sparta. (approximate date).
- c. 520 BC—Darius I decrees that work on Jerusalem resume as per the decree of Cyrus the Great.
- c. 520 BC—Kore, from Chios(?), is made. It is now at Acropolis Museum, Athens.
- c. 520 BC—Sarcophagus, from Cerveteri is made. It is now kept at Museo Nazionale di Villa Giulia, Rome (approximate date).
- 520 BC–510 BC—The Priam Painter makes Women at a fountain house, black-figure decoration on a hydria. It is now at Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
- 521 BC—Leonidas I. King of Sparta
- 525 BC—Aeschylus, author of Greek tragedies (d. 456 BC)
- 522 BC—Pindar, Greek poet
- 520 BC—Panini, Hindu Indian grammarian (d. 460 BC)
- July, 529 BC—Cyrus the Great, ruler of ancient Persia
- 528 BC—Anaximenes of Miletus, Greek philosopher (b. 585 BC)
- 527 BC—Peisistratus, Athenian tyrant
- 525 BC—Psammetichus III, the last Pharaoh of the Twenty-sixth Dynasty of Egypt
- 522 BC—Cambyses II, ruler of ancient Persia
- 522 BC — Polycrates, tyrant of Samos
- September, 522 BC—Bardiya, ruler of ancient Persia