From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009)
Events and trends
- 579 BC—Servius Tullius succeeds the assassinated Lucius Tarquinius Priscus as the sixth King of Rome. (traditional date)
- 575 BC—Ishtar Gate and throne room wall, from Babylon (Iraq) is made. They modified version for installation is now at Staatliche Museen zu Berlin, Preussischer Kulturbesitz, Vorderasiatisches Museum.
- 575 BC—Battle of Yanling in China, the army of the State of Jin defeats the forces of the State of Chu in ancient Henan province.
- 575 BC–550 BC—Temples and public buildings begin to grace Rome. Main temple of Jupiter Optimus Maximus is built.
- 573 BC—Nemean Games founded at Nemea. (This is the traditional date.)
- 572 BC—Death of Zhou jian wang, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 571 BC-On 25 November Servius Tullius, king of Rome, celebrates a triumph for his victory over the Etruscans.
- 571 BC—Zhou ling wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 570 BC—Amasis II succeeds Apries as king of Egypt.
- c. 570 BC—François Vase, black figure decoration on a volute krater, is made by potter—Ergotimos and painter—Kleitias. It is now at Museo Archeologico Nazionale, Florence, Italy.
- 570 BC–560 BC—Berlin Kore, from a cemetery at Keratea, near Athens, is made. It is now at Staatliche Museen zu Berlin, Preussischer Kulturbesitz, Antikensammlung.
- c. 570 BC-Death of Sappho.