|Centuries:||5th century – 6th century – 7th century|
|Decades:||540s 550s 560s – 570s – 580s 590s 600s|
|Years:||571 572 573 – 574 – 575 576 577|
|574 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1327|
|Chinese calendar||癸巳年 (Water Snake)
3270 or 3210
— to —
甲午年 (Wood Horse)
3271 or 3211
|- Vikram Samvat||630–631|
|- Shaka Samvat||496–497|
|- Kali Yuga||3675–3676|
|Iranian calendar||48 BP – 47 BP|
|Islamic calendar||50 BH – 48 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1338 before ROC
|Seleucid era||885/886 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1116–1117|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 574.|
Year 574 (DLXXIV) was a common year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. The denomination 574 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- December 7 – Emperor Justin II retires due to recurring seizures of insanity; he abdicates the throne in favour of his general Tiberius. Justin proclaims him Caesar and adopts him as his own son.
- Winter – Empress Sophia and Tiberius agree to a one year truce with the Persians, at the cost of 45,000 solidi. The truce applies only to the Mesopotamian front; in the Caucasus, war continues.
- King Cleph is murdered after an 18-month reign by a guard, a slave who he has mistreated. The next decade the Lombard Kingdom is governed by independent duchies (Rule of the Dukes).
- The Visigoths under king Liuvigild invade Cantabria (Northern Spain) and destroy the city of Amaya (Burgos). He massacres the inhabitants and adds the province to the Visigothic Kingdom.
- Áedán mac Gabráin becomes king of Dál Riata (Scotland) (approximate Date).
- The Persian Empire overthrow the Axumite- and Byzantine affiliated regimes in Yemen (Arabian Peninsula).
- July 13 – Pope John III dies at Rome after a 13-year reign, until June of next year the Holy See becomes sede vacante.
- Marius Aventicensis is made bishop of Aventicum (modern Avenches).
- Cleph, king of the Lombards (or 575)
- Conall mac Comgaill, king of Dál Riata
- July 13 – Pope John III
- Xuan, empress of Northern Zhou