5G Automotive Association
The 5G Automotive Association (5GAA) is an international, global, cross-industry organization of companies from the automotive, technology, and telecommunications industries. Its goal is, to develop end-to-end solutions[buzzword] for future mobility and transportation services, so avoiding incompatibility problems from the beginning.
The 5G Automotive Association was created in September 2016, by Audi AG, BMW Group, Daimler AG from the side of car makers, Samsung, Ericsson, Huawei, Intel, Nokia, as producers of telecommunications equipment and Harman, Qualcomm as a firmware manufacturer  . In 2017 the 5G Automotive Association signed a letter of intent with the European Automotive Telecom Alliance (EATA) for cooperation.
The 5GAA is a registered voluntary association. It has a hierarchical structure. There are twelve top (platinum) members (including the founders), prime (gold) members, having the right to propose members for leading positions and general members.
In 2018, the 5G Automotive Association has more than eighty member companies.
- Scott Bicheno (September 27, 2016). "Car, network and chip giants form 5G car club". Telecom news.
- "5G Automotive Association und European Automotive Telecom Alliance unterzeichnen Absichtserklärung für Partnerschaft" (in German). Der Tagesspiegel. 2017-03-03.
- "Telekommunikations- und Automobilunternehmen gründen globale branchenübergreifende 5G Automotive Association" (in German). Volkswagen Group.
- "Eine große Allianz für vernetzte Autos entsteht" (in German). Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.
- Sven Prawitz (September 27, 2016). "OEMs gründen 5G Automotive Association". Vogel Communications Group.
- "Autobauer gründen Allianz für vernetzte Autos" (in German). Handelsblatt.
- "Telcos and automotive players unite for 5G automotive association". Connected CarTech. September 29, 2016.
- "5GAA - 5G Automotive Association e.V." (in German). 5GAA.
- "The 5GAA offers different membership categories".
- "Cetecom schliesst sich der 5G AUTOMOTIVE ASSOCIATION an" (in German).
- "5G Automotive Association". LobbyFacts.
- "5GAA, BMW Group, Ford and Groupe PSA Exhibit First European Demonstration of C-V2X Direct Communication Interoperability Between Multiple Automakers". Jul 11, 2018.
- "5GAA confirmed as Organisational Partner for Baltic Sea Region 5G Forum Riga, Lativa – 27 and 28 September 2018". August 17, 2018.
- Roger C. Lanctot (May 8, 2018). "To 5G or not to 5G? Automotive safety may hang in the balance". International Telecommunication Union.