5th Blackshirt Division 1 Febbraio
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Italian 5th Blackshirt Division 1 Febbraio was an Italian CCNN Blackshirt militia unit formed for the Second Italo-Abyssinian War under the command of Gen. Attillo Teruzzi. The name 1 Febbraio refers to the founding of the Milizia Volontaria per la Sicurezza Nazionale on 1 February 1923.
Order of Battle 1935-36
5th "1 Febbraio" Blackshirts Division
- 107th Blackshirts Legion "Cairoli"
- 105th "Cairoli" Blackshirts Battalion
- 186th "Intrepido" Blackshirts Battalion
- 107th MMG Company
- 107th pack-artillery battery
- 128th Blackshirts Legion "Randaccio"
- 128th "Randaccio" Blackshirts Battalion
- 129th "Chinotto" Blackshirts Battalion
- 128th MMG Company
- 128th pack-artillery battery
- 142nd Blackshirts Legion "Berica"
- 142nd "Berico" Blackshirts Battalion
- 242nd "Berico" Blackshirts Battalion
- 142nd MMG Company
- 142nd pack-artillery battery
- 5th Blackshirts MMG Battalion
- 5th Artillery Bn (65L17 - Army)
- 5th Special Engineers Company (mixed Blackshirts and Army)
- 2 x Replacements Battalions
- Additionally the Blackshirts Divisions had a Medical Section, Logistics Section, and transport of a Pack-Mules unit (1600 mules), and a Mixed Trucks unit (80 light trucks)
- Ettore Lucas and Giorgio de Vecchi, "Storia delle Unità Combattenti della MVSN 1923-1943", Giovanni Volpe Editore, 1976. pages 63 to 116 plus errata.
|This Italian history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about the military of Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|