5. Jagd Division (5th Fighter Division) was one of the primary divisions of the German Luftwaffe in World War II. It was formed in June 1943 in Schleissheim from the Jagdfliegerführer Süddeutschland and subordinated to the XII. Fliegerkorps. The Division was reorganised as 7. Jagd-Division on 15 September 1943 and reformed again the same day in Paris from elements of the Höheren Jagdfliegerführer West and subordinated to the II. Jagdkorps. The unit was relocated to Karlsruhe-Durlach in October 1944 and subordinated to Luftwaffenkommando West. The division was redesignated to 16. Flieger-Division on 26 January 1945.
- Generalleutnant Walter Schwabedissen, July 1942 – 15 September 1943
- Oberst Harry von Bülow-Bothkamp, September 1943 – November 1943
- Generalleutnant Joachim-Friedrich Huth, 11 November 1943 – 5 February 1944
- Generalmajor Karl Hentschel, February 1944 – 26 January 1945