5th National People's Congress
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The 5th National People's Congress (simplified Chinese: 第五届全国人民代表大会; traditional Chinese: 第五屆全國人民代表大會; pinyin: Dìwǔ Jiè Quánguó Rénmín Dàibiǎo Dàhuì) was in session from 1978 to 1983. It held five plenary sessions in this period.
The Congress passed the 1978 Constitution of the People's Republic of China and the current Constitution of the People's Republic of China in 1982.
Elected state leaders
- Chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress: Ye Jianying
- Premier of the State Council: Hua Guofeng
- President of the Supreme People's Court: Jiang Hua
- Procurator-General of the Supreme People's Procuratorate: Huang Huoqing
- (Chinese) Official website of the NPC