60th Anniversary of King Bhumibol Adulyadej's Accession Ceremony
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into 60th Anniversary Celebrations of Bhumibol Adulyadej's Accession. (Discuss) Proposed since June 2015.|
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (June 2012)|
|60th Anniversary of His Majesty's Accession to the Throne|
|Name of the Ceremony||The Royal Ceremonies on the 60th Anniversary of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej's Accession to the Throne|
|Dates||8–13 June 2006|
|Arranged by||The Royal Thai Government with Bureau of the Royal Household|
|Occasion||60th Anniversary Celebrations of Bhumibol Adulyadej's Accession|
King Bhumibol Adulyadej granted permission on the Royal Programme of the Royal Ceremonies on the 60th Anniversary of his accession to the throne of Thailand, setting dates 8 – 13 June 2006, for the following events:
List of royal guests
King Bhumibol invited the royal guests from the monarchs around the world. The list of those guests is below;
- Note - Saudi Arabia royal family did not accept the invitation as a result of Blue Diamond Affair in 1989
Heads of state and consorts
|Denmark||Prince Henrik||Prince Consort of Denmark|
|Tonga||Crown Prince Siaosi||Crown Prince of Tonga|
|Norway||Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit||Crown Prince of Norway and his consort|
|Netherland||Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange and Máxima, Princess of Orange||Heir apparent of the Dutch throne, and his consort|
|Bahrain||Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa||Uncle of the King of Bahrain|
|Belgium||Philippe, Duke of Brabant and Mathilde, Duchess of Brabant||Heir apparent of the King of Belgium, and his consort|
|Bhutan||Crown Prince Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck||Crown Prince of Bhutan|
|Morocco||Princess Lalla Salma||Princess Consort of the King of Morocco|
|Liechtenstein||Prince Alois and Princess Sophie||Heir apparent of the Prince of Liechtenstein, and his consort|
|Spain||Queen Sofía||Queen Consort of the King of Spain|
|Arab Emirates||Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan||Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi|
|United Kingdom||Andrew, Duke of York||Son of the Queen of the United Kingdom|
|Oman||Sayyid Shihab bin Tariq Taimur Al Said||Son of the Sultan of Oman|
Thursday 8 June 2006
- The Meritorious Royal Ceremony on the Merit Offering to the Royal Ancestor
Friday 9 June 2006
The Merit-making Ceremony in dedication to the past monarchs and holding the great audience, or Thai พระราชพิธีบวงสรวงสมเด็จพระบูรพมหากษัตริยาธิราชและเสด็จออกมหาสมาคม (Phra ratchaphithi buangsuang somdet phra burapha maha kasattriyathirat lae sadet ok maha samakhom),at Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall, Dusit Palace.
- The Merit-making Ceremony in dedication to the past monarchs
King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit lit candles in front of the worship items, paid homages to the Buddha Images, presented the commemorative fans to the 10 high ecclesiastic monks, rested on the throne, vowed adherence to the Buddhist sermon.
- The Royal Ceremony on Holding the Great Audience
The Royal Household, Privy Councillors, Royal Secretary, Palace Secretary, Members of the royal linage had an audience with the king and queen in the Throne Hall.
- The Royal Reply of His Majesty the King
- People wishing
After the royal address, officials performed the metal drum and the Trump of Farang, the Three Forces of Military paid respect, and the brass band performed Phleng Sansoen Phra Barami.
Saturday 10 June 2006
60th Anniversary Celebrations of Bhumibol Adulyadej's Accession, or Thai พระราชพิธีฉลองสิริราชสมบัติครบ ๖๐ ปี (Phra ratchaphithi chalong siri ratchasombat khrop hok sip pi), 17:00 hours, at Amarin Winitchai Mahaisun Phiman Throne Hall within the Grand Palace.
Monday 12 June 2006
- 16:00 hours, The Ceremony on the Tribute Paying by Foreign Monarchs and Royal Representatives to His Majesty the King, or Thai พิธีพระประมุขและผู้แทนพระองค์จากพระราชวงศ์ต่างประเทศถวายพระพรชัยมงคล (Phithi phra pramuk lae phu thaen phra ong chak phra ratchawong tang prathet thawai phra phon chaiyamongkhon), at Ananta Samakhom Throne Hall.
- 18:30 hours, The Ceremony on Watching the Royal Barge's Procession, or Thai พิธีทอดพระเนตรกระบวนเรือพระราชพิธี (Phithi thot phra net krabuan ruea phra ratchaphithi), at Ratchanawikasapha (Assembly Hall of the Royal Thai Navy).
- 19:30 hours, The Opening Ceremony of the Exposition of Royal Honorification on Development, or Thai พิธีเปิดนิทรรศการเฉลิมพระเกียรติด้านการพัฒนา (Phithi poet nithatsakan chaloem phra kiat dan kan phatthana), at Royal Thai Navy Conference Hall.
- The Nation (June 10, 2006), "King of Hearts"
- The Nation (June 10, 2006), "HM the King calls for unity, kindness, compassion"