|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|612 BC by topic|
- Battle of Nineveh—An allied army of Babylonians, Medes Scythians and Susianians besieges and conquers Nineveh, capital of the Neo-Assyrian Empire. Sinsharishkun, King of Assyria, is killed in the sacking.
- Babylon, capital of the Neo-Babylonian Empire, becomes the largest city in the world, taking the lead from Nineveh.
- Ashur-uballit II attempts to keep the Assyrian state alive by establishing himself as king at Harran.
- King Kuang of Zhou becomes king of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2013)
- Sinsharishkun, Assyrian king
|This BC year article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|