Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article concerns the period 629 BC – 620 BC.
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
Events and trends
- c. 627 BC—Death of Assurbanipal, king of Assyria; he is succeeded by Assur-etel-ilani.
- 627 BC—Creation of Durrës, at the time Epidamnus.
- 626 BC—Nabopolassar revolts against Assyria, founds the Neo-Babylonian Empire.
- 625 BC—Medes and Babylonians assert their independence from Assyria and attack Nineveh (approximate date).
- c. 625 BC—Orientalizing period of vases ends in Ancient Greece.
- c. 623 BC—Sin-shar-ishkun succeeds his brother Assur-etel-ilani as king of Assyria.
- 622 or 621 BC - Draco makes the first law code for Ancient Greece.