(Redirected from 684 BC)
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article concerns the period 689 BC – 680 BC.
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
Events and trends
- 689 BC—King Sennacherib of Assyria sacks Babylon.
- 687 BC—Gyges becomes king of Lydia.
- 685 BC- Chalcedon became a Greek colony.
- 682 BC—Death of Zhou zhuang wang, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 681 BC—Esarhaddon succeeds Sennacherib as king of Assyria.
- c. 680 BC—A meteor disaster on the Estonian island of Saaremaa, forming the Kaali crater.