690th Cyberspace Operations Group
|690th Cyberspace Operations Group
|Branch||United States Air Force|
|Part of||Air Combat Command|
|Garrison/HQ||Lackland Air Force Base|
|Decorations||Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Combat "V" Device
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
|Colonel Chad Raduege|
|690th Network Support Group emblem (approved 29 March 1995)|
The 690th Cyberspace Operations Group, at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, is a United States Air Force group managing four squadrons relating to computer network operations. The group was established 1 April 1991 as the 6900 Communications-Computer Group. The group was redesignated the Air Intelligence Agency Intelligence Systems Group on 1 October 1993. It was redesignated again as the 690th Information Operations Group on 1 Oct 1997. On 5 July 2006, the group was again re-designated as the 690th Network Support Group.
The group is responsible for operating and maintaining the Air Force's global enterprise network. 690 NSG is the largest group in the 67th Cyberspace Wing. The group is composed of four squadrons and multiple detachments located around the world.
The 690 NSG provides command and control (C2) of the network security boundaries of all Air Force installations. Currently, technicians from the 690 NSG are moving base-by-base and rolling all AF network core services (email, web access, etc.) into a single Air Force Network (AFNet). The AFNet is managed by two Network Operations Squadrons.
- Established 1 April 1991 as the 6900th Communications-Computer Group
- Redesignated Air Intelligence Agency Intelligence Systems Group on 1 October 1993
- Redesignated 690th Information Operations Group on 1 October 1997
- Redesignated 690th Network Support Group on 5 July 2006
- 83rd Network Operations Squadron
- Langley Air Force Base, Virginia)
- 561st Network Operations Squadron
- Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado
- 690th Network Support Squadron
- 690th Intelligence Support Squadron
- 690th Cyberspace Operations Squadron
- Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
- 691st Cyberspace Operations Squadron
- Ramstein Air Base, Germany
- Electronic Security Command (later Air Force Intelligence Command, Air Intelligence Agency), 1 April 1991
- Eighth Air Force, 1 February 2001
- 67th Information Operations Wing (later 67 Network Warfare Wing), 5 Nov 2001 – present
- Bailey, Carl E. (August 23, 2011). "Factsheet 690 Network Support Group (ACC)". Air Force Historical Research Agency. Retrieved June 9, 2016.
- MIT Journal story on AFNet, http://www.military-information-technology.com/mit-home/367-mit-2011-volume-15-issue-10-november/4997-air-force-builds-one-network.html
- Reuters news story on US Cyber Command, http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/10/05/us-usa-cyberwar-idUSTRE69433120101005
- Components stationed with group headquarters except as noted.