XIIX Canons mélodieux (Telemann)
|This article does not cite any sources. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Georg Philipp Telemann's XIIX Canons mélodieux (1738), TWV 40:118-123 are 18 strict canons for two equal instruments, forming six sonatas in three movements each.
Telemann composed five collections of duets of particular significance to flutists:
- TWV 40:101-106 "Sonates sans basse" (1727) [in 4 movements each]
- TWV 40:118-123 "XIIX Canons mélodieux" (1738) [in 3 movements each]
- TWV 40:124–29 "Second livre de duo" (c. 1750) [in 3 movements each]
- TWV 40:130-135 "Sei duetti..." (c.>1752) [in 3 movements each]
- TWV 40:141-149, 9 sonatas for two flutes [in 3 or 4 movements each] (re-)discovered in the musical archive of the Sing-Akademie zu Berlin in 2002
Additionally, Telemann's 1728-1729 periodical "Der getreue Music-Meister" contains an idiomatic "Duetto" in four movements, TWV 40:107.
- RISM ID no.: 469390300 Sing-Akademie zu Berlin, Notenarchiv (D-Bsa) https://opac.rism.info/search?id=469390300
- 18 Canons Mélodieux, TWV 40:118-123: Scores at the International Music Score Library Project (IMSLP)
|This article about a music publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|