7-Rooms of Gloom
|"7-Rooms of Gloom"|
|Single by Four Tops|
|from the album Reach Out|
|B-side||"I'll Turn To Stone"|
|Released||May 2, 1967|
|Recorded||Hitsville U.S.A. (Studio A); 1967|
|Four Tops singles chronology|
"7-Rooms of Gloom" is a song recorded by the Motown Records vocal quartet The Four Tops. It was released as a single in 1967 on the Motown label and reached number 14 on the Billboard Hot 100 , and a Top 10 U.S. R&B Hit, charting at # 10. It was also a hit in the UK, their seventh, staying for nine weeks in the UK singles charts and reaching number 12 and in the Netherlands where it made number 23 in the Dutch Top 40.
Described as "throbbing with dread over a racing minor key dominated arrangement" it was written by Holland–Dozier–Holland. The single's b-side was "I'll Turn to Stone" also written by Holland-Dozier-Holland with R Dean Taylor.
- Levi Stubbs - lead vocals
- Abdul "Duke" Fakir - background vocals
- Renaldo "Obie" Benson - background vocals
- Lawrence Payton - background vocals
- Jackie Hicks - background vocals
- Marlene Barrow - background vocals
- Louvain Demps - background vocals
- Funk Brothers - instrumentation
- "Four Tops - Awards". Allmusic. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Official Charts - Four Tops". www.officialcharts.com. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "The Four Tops - 7 Rooms Of Gloom". www.top40.nl. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- Dahl, Bill. Motown The Golden Years. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Four Tops – 7-Rooms Of Gloom / I'll Turn To Stone". Discogs. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- "I'll Turn to Stone". Allmusic. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
|This 1960s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|