|Centuries:||7th century – 8th century – 9th century|
|Decades:||670s 680s 690s – 700s – 710s 720s 730s|
|Years:||699 700 701 – 702 – 703 704 705|
|702 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1455|
|Chinese calendar||辛丑年 (Metal Ox)
3398 or 3338
— to —
壬寅年 (Water Tiger)
3399 or 3339
|- Vikram Samvat||758–759|
|- Shaka Samvat||623–624|
|- Kali Yuga||3802–3803|
|Japanese calendar||Taihō 2
|Minguo calendar||1210 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1013/1014 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1244–1245|
Year 702 (DCCII) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. The denomination 702 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Hedan II, duke of Thuringia, completes the circular Marienkirche in Fortress Marienberg near Würzburg (Germany).
- Arab conquest of Armenia: Large-scale Armenian rebellion against Muslim rule breaks out with Byzantine support.
- Muslim-Arabs under Musa ibn Nusayr conquer Tangier and Sous, taking control of all Morocco (approximate date).
- Ethiopian (Axumite) raiders occupy the port of Jeddah (modern Saudi Arabia).
- February 20 – K'inich Kan B'alam II, ruler (ajaw) of Palenque, dies after an 18-year reign. He is succeeded by his brother K'inich K'an Joy Chitam II.
- Berhtwald, archbishop of Canterbury, calls the Council of Austerfield to decide the rights of Wilfrid, some-time bishop of York. He is offered Ripon Abbey if he will relinquish his claims as bishop. Wilfrid rejects this offer and appeals to Rome.
- Abu Hanifa, founder of the Sunni Hanafi school (d. 772)
- Ja'far al-Sadiq, sixth Shī‘ah Imām and Muslim scholar (d. 765)
- Ōnakatomi no Kiyomaro, Japanese nobleman (d. 788)
- Al-Muhallab ibn Abi Suffrah, Arab general and governor of Basra
- Berlinda of Meerbeke, Frankish nun and saint (approximate date)
- Chen Zi'ang, Chinese poet and official of the Tang Dynasty (b. 661)
- February 20 – K'inich Kan B'alam II, ruler of Palenque (b. 635)
- Liutpert, king of the Lombards
- Muiredach Muillethan, king of Connacht (Ireland)
- Ōku, Japanese princess (b. 661)