|72 Miles - Ek Pravas|
|Directed by||Rajiv Patil|
|Produced by||Twinkle Khanna|
Ashwini Yardi; line producer: Deepak Rane
72 Miles - Ek Pravas is a Marathi film directed by Rajiv Patil produced by Twinkle Khanna and Ashwini Yardi. The film, set in the 50's and 60's, is about journey of a 13-year-old boy who ran away from his hostel and how he matures with time when he meets a sympathetic woman and her children. Deepak Rane was the line producer for this film.
A young boy, Ashok Vhatkar, decides to escape from his boarding school in Satara. Chased by bullies, robbed by drunken gamblers, he starts his journey towards his village in the Kolhapur district. The very people who seem pleasant and invite him to ride with them turn into horrifying monsters as soon as they learn of his surname, a scheduled caste. Beaten to a pulp by the high-castes, the boy is then rescued by a woman Radhakka, who is on her way to Shigaon in the Walwa taluka of Sangli district with her sick infant son Sundarya and three other children. The journey continues as Ashok moves on with his journey and learns the true sorrows of poverty. In this journey, the infant Sundarya and his brother Ranu lose their lives. This journey of the silent, introvert boy makes him mature and then this boy educates himself and becomes a writer and writes his own story of the journey.
- Ashok Vhatkar: Chinmay Sant
- Radhakka: Smita Tambe
- Bayji: Shravani Solaskar
- Ranu: Chinmay Kambli
- Bhimi: Esha Mane
- Akshay Kumar: Rajiv Patil 
|"Raan Bhairi"||Amit Raj||5:15|
|"Bhiri Bhiri"||Bhavesh Khade||3:33|
- Times News Network (27 May 2013). "72 Miles – Ek Pravas". Times of India. The Times Group.
- "Akshay to produce Marathi film titled 72 Miles - Ek Pravas". Bollywood Hungama. Archived from the original on 28 November 2012. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "72 Miles Ek Pravas (2013) - IMDb". Retrieved 18 November 2022 – via www.imdb.com.
- Sakaal Times
- "Akshay Kumar's Marathi film in post production". The Indian Express. Indian Express Group. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- 72 Miles Ek Pravas (2013) - IMDb, retrieved 17 November 2022
- "Akshay in love with Marathi plays". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 24 October 2012. Retrieved 13 September 2012.