From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
Events and trends
- 747 BC—February 26 – Nabonassar becomes king of Babylonia.
- 747 BC—Meles becomes king of Lydia.
- c. 747 BC—Third Intermediate Period of Egypt ends. Late Period of ancient Egypt starts. Nubian period starts in Ancient Egypt.
- c. 747 BC—Piye starts to rule in Ancient Egypt.
- 745 BC—The Crown of Assyria seized by Pul, who takes the name Tiglath-Pileser III.
- 745 BC—Legendary death of Titus Tatius Roman King (Diarchy with con Romulus ).
- 743 BC—Duke Zhuang of the Chinese state of Zheng comes to power.
- 743 BC—Beginning of the First Messenian War.
- 740 BC—Tiglath-Pileser III conquers the city of Arpad in Syria after two years of siege.
- 740 BC—Start of Ahaz's reign of Judah.