From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references (sources). (December 2009)|
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||9th century BC – 8th century BC – 7th century BC|
|Decades:||770s BC 760s BC 750s BC – 740s BC – 730s BC 720s BC 710s BC|
|Years:||749 BC 748 BC 747 BC 746 BC 745 BC 744 BC 743 BC 742 BC 741 BC 740 BC|
Events and trends
- 747 BC—February 26 – Nabonassar becomes king of Babylonia.
- 747 BC—Meles becomes king of Lydia.
- c. 747 BC—Third Intermediate Period of Egypt ends. Late Period of ancient Egypt starts. Nubian period starts in Ancient Egypt.
- c. 747 BC—Piye starts to rule in Ancient Egypt.
- 745 BC—The Crown of Assyria seized by Pul, who takes the name Tiglath-Pileser III.
- 745 BC—Legendary death of Titus Tatius Roman King (Diarchy with con Romulus ).
- 743 BC—Duke Zhuang of the Chinese state of Zheng comes to power.
- 743 BC—Beginning of the First Messenian War.
- 740 BC—Tiglath-Pileser III conquers the city of Arpad in Syria after two years of siege.
- 740 BC—Start of Ahaz's reign of Judah.