|Factorization||2 × 37|
|Divisors||1, 2, 37, 74|
- the twenty-first distinct semiprime and the eleventh of the form 2×q.
- a palindromic number in bases 6 (2026) and 36 (2236).
- a nontotient.
There are 74 different non-Hamiltonian polyhedra with a minimum number of vertices.
- Messier object M74, a magnitude 10.5 spiral galaxy in the constellation Pisces.
- The New General Catalogue object NGC 74, a galaxy in the constellation Andromeda.
- Seventy-four, one of the Number Pieces by John Cage
In bus routes
London Buses route 74 is a Transport for London contracted bus route in London, England. Running between Baker Street station and Putney, it is operated by London General.
In other fields
Seventy-four is also:
- The year AD 74, 74 BC, or 1974
- Designates the 7400 series of Integrated Chips. 74xx xx=00-4538
- A seventy-four was a third-rate warship with 74 guns.
- The registry of the U.S. Navy's nuclear aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74), named after U.S. Senator John C. Stennis
- A hurricane or typhoon is a system with sustained winds of at least 74 mph (64 knots).
- The number of the French department Haute-Savoie
- In Bible is the number of people that were in the presence of God on Mount Sinai and saw God without dying “Exodus 24:9-11”
- "Sloane's A005277 : Nontotients". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-29.