|Factorization||2 × 37|
|Divisors||1, 2, 37, 74|
- the twenty-first distinct semiprime and the eleventh of the form 2×q.
- the sixth composite number in the 43-aliquot tree. The aliquot sum of 74 is 40 within the aliquot sequence (74,40,50,43,1,0).
- a palindromic number in bases 6 (2026) and 36 (2236).
- a nontotient.
There are 74 different non-Hamiltonian polyhedra with a minimum number of vertices.
- The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on -615 August 8 and ended on 719 October 18. The duration of Saros series 74 was 1334.2 years, and it contained 75 solar eclipses.
- The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on -331 May 7 and ended on 949 June 13. The duration of Saros series 74 was 1280.1 years, and it contained 72 lunar eclipses.
Rock & Roll
- 74th St Band
- Piece by John Cage
In bus routes
London Buses route 74 is a Transport for London contracted bus route in London, England. Running between Baker Street station and Putney, it is operated by London General.
In other fields
Seventy-four is also:
- The year AD 74, 74 BC, or 1974
- Designates the 7400 series of Integrated Chips. 74xx xx=00-4538
- The designation of USA Interstate 74, a freeway that runs from Iowa to Ohio
- A seventy-four was a third-rate warship with 74 guns.
- The registry of the U.S. Navy's nuclear aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74), named after U.S. Senator John C. Stennis
- A hurricane or typhoon is a system with sustained winds of at least 74 MPH
- Municipal Okrug #74, name of Georgiyevsky Municipal Okrug of Frunzensky District of Saint Petersburg, Russia, before 2008
- The number of the French department Haute-Savoie
- "Sloane's A005277 : Nontotients". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-29.