|Centuries:||7th century · 8th century · 9th century|
|Decades:||720s · 730s · 740s · 750s · 760s · 770s · 780s|
|Years:||750 · 751 · 752 · 753 · 754 · 755 · 756|
|753 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1506|
|Chinese calendar||壬辰年 (Water Dragon)
3449 or 3389
— to —
癸巳年 (Water Snake)
3450 or 3390
|- Vikram Samvat||809–810|
|- Shaka Samvat||674–675|
|- Kali Yuga||3853–3854|
|Japanese calendar||Tenpyō-shōhō 5
|Minguo calendar||1159 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1064/1065 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1295–1296|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 753.|
Year 753 (DCCLIII) was a common year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. The denomination 753 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Grifo, Frankish duke and illegitimate son of Charles Martel, rebels against King Pepin III ("the Short") (his half-brother), in alliance with the Bretons. He flees to Italy to join King Aistulf of the Lombards, but is caught and killed while passing the Alps.
- The town of Staraja Ladoga (Northern Russia) is founded by Scandinavians. The settlement becomes a prosperous trading outpost for jewelry, casual items, craft tools and dress adornments (approximate date).
- Sevar, ruler (khagan) of the Bulgarian Empire, dies after a 15-year reign. He is succeeded by Kormisosh, who belongs to the Vokil clan (approximate date).
- Fall – Pope Stephen II travels to the Lombard capital of Pavia, for negotiations with Aistulf. His terms for returning the Exarchate of Ravenna are declined.
- November – Stephen II crosses the passes of the Alps to Gaul. He leaves Rome unprotected, under threat of a siege from the Lombards.
- Eoban is appointed bishop of Utrecht (modern Netherlands), by the missionary bishop Boniface.
- August 8 – Hildegar, bishop of Cologne
- November 3 – Pirmin, Visigothic abbot
- Grifo, Frankish duke and son of Charles Martel (b. 726)
- Herlindis of Maaseik, Frankish abbess (or 745)
- Li Linfu, chancellor of the Tang Dynasty
- Sevar, ruler (khagan) of the Bulgarian Empire (approximate date)