7 Days Inn
|Traded as||NYSE: SVN|
|Headquarters||Guangzhou, Guangdong, China|
|7 Days Group Holdings Limited|
7 Days Group Holdings Limited (NYSE: SVN), operating as 7 Days Inn (Chinese: 7天酒店; pinyin: Qītiān Jiǔdiàn; Jyutping: Cat1 tin1 zau2 dim3), is a Chinese budget hotel chain. It was established in 2005. It has its headquarters in the Creative Industry Zone in Haizhu District, Guangzhou.
7 Days Inn was established in 2005. Guangzhou was the location of the company's founding.
In 2006, Warburg Pincus invested US$10 million. In 2007, Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, and Warburg Pincus further invested a combined total of US$95 million. In 2008, Actis Capital led a US$65 million investment in 7 Days Inn, in which Warburg Pincus again participated. Despite losses amounting to ¥209.9 million (US$30.8 million) in 2008 and ¥9.3 million (US$1.4 million) in the first three quarters of 2009, it listed on the New York Stock Exchange in September 2009, issuing 10.1 million American Depositary Shares (representing 20.6% of the company) at US$11/share, raising a total of $111.1 million. CEO Zhang retained a 13.4% stake. 7 Days Inns' failure to turn a profit up to that point meant they were unable to make an offering of A shares in China.
In 2013 Plateno Hotels Group bought 7 Days Inn for US$688 million, took the company private, and made it into Plateno's wholly owned subsidiary; this meant 7 Days Inn was no longer listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
7 Days Inn is based in Guangzhou, Guangdong. In 2008, it ranked as China's fifth-biggest hotel chain, with plans to triple their number of locations to 200. As of 2009[update] its CEO is Zheng Nanyan. The group is a sponsor of the French football club OGC Nice.
- "About." 7 Days Inn. Retrieved on October 24, 2012.
- "China's 7 Days Inn gets $95 mln from three foreign investors", MarketWatch, 2007-09-05, retrieved 2011-05-01
- 创意园; 創意園; Chuàngyìyuán; cong3 ji3 jyun4
- "Company Profile Archived 2012-11-16 at the Wayback Machine." 7 Days Inn. Retrieved on October 24, 2012. "5C-11 Creative Industry Zone, 397 XinGangZhong Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510310, People’s Republic of China"
- "about_building.html Archived 2012-11-02 at the Wayback Machine." (Select the "联系方式" tab) 7 Days Inn. Retrieved on October 24, 2012. "【总部】广州市海珠区新港中路397号TIT创意园5C大道11号"
- Liu, Xiaozhuo (2013-07-18). "7 Days economy hotel chain sold". China Daily. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- "UK's Actis leads $65 mln invest in China's 7 Days", Forbes, 2008-10-16, retrieved 2011-05-01
- Liu, Weixun (刘伟勋 Liú Wěixūn) (2009-11-23), 亏损仍获投资者认可 7天酒店纽交所上市, The Economic Observer (in Chinese), retrieved 2011-05-01
- Ren, Shuli (2015-09-21). "Why Shanghai Jinjiang Hotels Is A Buy". Barron's, Dow Jones & Company, Inc. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- Eisen, David (2015-09-21). "China's Jin Jiang buys controlling stake in budget 7 Days". Hotel Management. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- 郑南雁; 鄭南雁; Zhèng Nányàn
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 7 Days Inn.|