7 Notes to Infinity
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|7 Notes to Infinity|
7 Notes to Infinity Cover
|Directed by||Shrenik Rao|
7 Notes to Infinity is a 2012 documentary film directed by Shrenik Rao. It is a musical documentary which pays tribute to Indian classical music and explores the universality of music through infinite musical compositions created from seven pitches.
The film explains the context in which Indian classical music evolved, and illustrates the role of the great king Maharaja Swathi Thirunal Rama Varma. Legendary musicians, the likes of Dr M. Balamuralikrishna, Padma Bhushan, T. V. Gopalakrishnan, Prince of the Travancore Royal Family- Aswathi Thirunal Rama Varma, the direct descendant of the great king Maharaja Swathi Thirunal, Sanjay Subrahmanyan and a group of young and enthusiastic music students feature prominently in the film.
With unprecedented access, 7 Notes to Infinity was shot extensively in Padmanabhapuram Palace, in Kanyakumari district, the famous Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Kuthira Malika and Kowdiar Palace in Thiruvananthapuram.The documentary also presents Swati Tirunal's compositions in the Hindustani and Carnatic streams of music.
- "Infinite Compositions". The Hindu. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "Here comes "7 Notes to Infinity" film on Indian Classical music". Zee News India. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "7 Notes to Infinity – A film on Indian Classical music". Technopark Today. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "Paeans to the 7 Notes". New Indian Express. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "7 Notes to Infinity Premieres". Yentha News. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "7 Notes to Infinity unifies Indian and world music on screen". Radio and music editorial. Retrieved 14 November 2013.