7th Chess Olympiad
The 7th Chess Olympiad, organized by the FIDE and comprising an open and (unofficial) women's tournament, as well as several events designed to promote the game of chess, took place between July 31 and August 14, 1937, in Stockholm, Sweden.
The Women's World Chess Championship also took place during the Olympiad.
The prizes for best individual results went to:
- Board 1: Salo Flohr 12½ / 16 = 78.1%
- Board 2: Reuben Fine 11½ / 15 = 76.7%
- Board 3: Isaac Kashdan 14 / 16 = 87.5%
- Board 4: Gösta Danielsson 14 / 18 = 77.8%
- Reserve: Al Horowitz 13 / 15 = 86.7%
- Although commonly referred to as the men's division, this section is open to both male and female players.
- OlimpBase :: 7th Chess Olympiad, Stockholm 1937, information
- 7th Chess Olympiad: Stockholm 1937 OlimpBase