7th Parachute Division (Germany)
Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|7th Parachute Division|
The division was first formed as Fallschirmjäger-Division Erdmann in August 1944, from a collection of training units and remnants of other formations, named for its commander Wolfgang Erdmann. It fought at Arnhem during Operation Market-Garden in September, and in October was redesignated as the 7. Fallschirmjäger-Division. It contained the 19th, 20th and 21st Fallschirmjäger Regiments, and the 7th Fallschirmjäger Artillery Regiment.
- Axis History Factbook (Erdmann)
- Axis History Factbook (7. Division)
- Axis History Factbook
- "7. Fallschirmjäger-Division". Axis History Factbook. 14 August 2008. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- "Fallschirmjäger-Division Erdmann". Axis History Factbook. 3 May 2008. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- "7. Fallschirmjäger-Division". Lexikon der Wehrmacht. Retrieved 22 April 2013.