800 mm gauge railways
|By transport mode|
|Tram · Rapid transit
Miniature · Scale model
|By size (list)|
|Change of gauge|
|Break-of-gauge · Dual gauge ·
Conversion (list) · Bogie exchange · Variable gauge
Whilst this gauge is uncommon amongst adhesion railways, some of the world's best known rack railways are built to it. Six of these are in Switzerland, including the world's steepest rack line (the Pilatus Railway) and the world's longest pure rack line (the Wengernalp Railway), whilst the United Kingdom's only rack railway (the Snowdon Mountain Railway) is also to this gauge. A few funicular railways are also built to this gauge.
- "World's steepest cogwheel railway". Pilatus Bahnen. Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "WAB - die längste Zahnradbahn" [WAB - the longest cog railway]. Jungfraubahn. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- "Snowdon Mountain Railway". AboutBritain.com. Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "DPB - Davos Parsenn Bahn". Funimag. Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "Eisenerzbergbau in Braunfels - Die Braunfelser Ernstbahn - Geschichte einer besonderen Kleinbahn" (in German). Stadt Braunfels. Retrieved 2014-05-21.