800s BC (decade)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||10th century BC – 9th century BC – 8th century BC|
|Decades:||830s BC 820s BC 810s BC – 800s BC – 790s BC 780s BC 770s BC|
|Years:||809 BC 808 BC 807 BC 806 BC 805 BC 804 BC 803 BC 802 BC 801 BC 800 BC|
|Births – Deaths|
Events and trends
- 804 BC—Adad-nirari III of Assyria conquers Damascus.
- 804 BC—Death of Pedubastis I, pharaoh.
- c. 800 BC—Greek Dark Ages end.
- c. 800 BC—Archaic period in Greece begins. (It ends in 480 BC with the invasion of Xerxes.)
- From c. 800 BC – The Upanishads are composed.
- c. 800 BC–700 BC—Pre-Etruscan period in Italy.
- Etruscan civilization.
- The Olmecs build pyramids.
|This BC year article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|