|Origin||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Genres||Hip hop, trap|
|Occupation(s)||Record production team|
|Instruments||Digital audio workstation|
|Labels||Brick Squad Monopoly|
Nonstop Da Hitman
Luxury Tax 50
Chris Fresh Sacaii
|Past members||Jaye Neutron|
808 Mafia is an American record production and songwriting team, founded by record producers Southside and Lex Luger. Southside is currently at the helm of the group. The group also includes producers TM88, DY (DY Krazy), Fuse 100, Tarentino, Project X, DALEGOD, Purps, Steezefield, Swede, Nonstop Da Hitman, MP808, among others. Its name comes from the drum machine commonly used in hip-hop music, the Roland TR-808.
808 Mafia was founded in 2010 when rapper Waka Flocka Flame came up with the idea of a production team, made of his frequent collaborators Lex Luger and Southside. The group quickly expanded, adding a number of upcoming and affiliated producers, and is currently signed to Flame's label Brick Squad Monopoly. In addition to Waka Flocka Flame, 808 Mafia has produced tracks for many notable artists such as Gucci Mane, Future, Drake, Migos, 21 Savage, Chief Keef, Young Thug, Fredo Santana, Juicy J, DJ Khaled and Wiz Khalifa among others. Its members have also independently worked on songs with Kanye West, G Herbo, Jay-Z, G Eazy, Jeezy, Wale, Pusha T, and DJ Drama.
The group released its debut self-titled instrumental mixtape in 2012, hosted by Trap-A-Holics. The mixtape was produced by and served as an introduction to 5 of its members: TM88 (credited as Trackman), Be-Bop, Purps, Bobby Beats, and Tarentino. A sequel called 808 Mafia II was announced for release on December 21, 2012, but the release was delayed multiple times. In March 2013, a trailer for the tape was released to the team's YouTube channel. 808 Mafia II was released on April 23, 2013, via LiveMixtapes. It was hosted by Trap-A-Holics, DJ Scream and DJ Drama, and features production by Southside, TM88, Purps, Tarentino, Fuse, Chris Fresh, King Trice, OG Taxx and Be Bop.
- Project X
- Chris Fresh
- DY Krazy
- Fuse 100
- King Trice
- Luxury Tax
- Nonstop Da Hitman
- Taliban Ju
- Tre Pounds
- 5k Beats
- ciki 8k
- Henney Major
- Chris Fresh
- Chaki chan
- OG Taxx
- Max Lord
- B March
- Ethan Sacii
- TT Audi
- Choppa De Rich
- DXnext: South Side, Hiphopdx.com, Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- Hasnain, Zainab (April 3, 2017). "How the Roland TR-808 revolutionized music". Theverge.com. Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- 808 Mafia Mixtape DatPiff. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- "808 Mafia Part 2 Mixtape Trailer". YouTube. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- "808 Mafia – 808 Mafia 2 [Mixtape]". OnSmash. Archived from the original on June 29, 2013. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- "The Siren Echoes :: Get to Know the OTHER Members of 808 Mafia". Thehundreds.com. Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- "Travis Scott's 'Astroworld': All The Credits Listed". Vibe.com. August 3, 2018. Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- "How Making 5 Beats A Day Developed Nonstop Da Hitman Into A Grammy Award Winner". HipHopDX.com. February 18, 2019. Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- "Lil Wayne Spazzes on Jay Jones Collab "Go Crazy"". Complex.com. Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- "Spiiker - Spiiziike". HotNewHipHop.com. Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- "How Voice Tags Help Hip-Hop Producers Make A Name For Themselves". Genius.com. Retrieved 2020-04-08.