|Genres||Hip hop, R&B, southern hip hop, drill, trap|
|Occupation(s)||Record production team
|Labels||Brick Squad Monopoly
|Associated acts||Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka Flame, Chief Keef, Future, Fredo Santana, SD, Young Thug, Metro Boomin, Sonny Digital|
808 Mafia is an American record production and songwriting team, founded by record producers Southside and Lex Luger. Southside is currently at the helm of the group with producer TM88 serving as the group's second. The group also includes producers Purps, Tarentino, NonstopDaHitman, Be-Bop, YK, Fuse, MP808, Tre Pound, OG Taxx, Chris Fresh, DY, Hussein, Taliban Ju, Gezin, The Swede, Steve Lean, Fameus, TrayWitTheMac11 and TT.
808 Mafia was founded in 2010 when rapper Waka Flocka Flame came up with the idea of a production team, made of his frequent collaborators Lex Luger and Southside. The group quickly expanded, adding a number of upcoming and affiliated producers, and is currently signed to Flame's label Brick Squad Monopoly. In addition to Waka Flocka Flame, 808 Mafia has produced tracks for many notable artists such as Gucci Mane, Future, 2 Chainz, Chief Keef, Young Thug, Fredo Santana and Juicy J among others. Its members have also independently worked on songs with Kanye West, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Rick Ross, Fabolous, Meek Mill, and DJ Drama.
The group released its debut self-titled instrumental mixtape in 2012, hosted by Trap-A-Holics. The mixtape was produced by and served as an introduction to 5 of its members: TM88 (credited as Trackman), Be-Bop, Purps, Bobby Beats, and Tarentino. A sequel called 808 Mafia II was announced for release on December 21, 2012, but was later delayed multiple times. In March 2013, a trailer for the tape was released to the team's YouTube channel. 808 Mafia II was released on April 23, 2013, via LiveMixtapes. It was hosted by Trap-A-Holics, DJ Scream and DJ Drama, and features production by Southside, TM88, Purps, Tarentino, Fuse, Chris Fresh, OG Taxx and Be Bop.
In December 2015, members of 808 Mafia played a predominant role in producing Rico Richie's album Realest Story Ever Told Vol. 2. The album featured guest appearances by Chris Brown, Meek Mill, French Montana and Young Dolph along with productions from Southside, TM88, TT, The Swede and Kraze.
|808 Mafia 2||
- DXnext: South Side Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- "TM88 on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- Brandon Soderberg (February 23, 2012). 808 Mafia Pitchfork. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- LET THE BEAT BUILD - Southside introduces the 808 Mafia Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- "Columbia BT ft. Future – "From The Start (Remix)"". AllHipHop. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- HYPETRACK.  Retrieved July, 2015.
- "Gezin of 808 Mafia on Twitter". Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- Lex Luger Discography Discogs.com Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- Southside Discography Discogs.com Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- 808 Mafia Mixtape DatPiff. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- Twitter / @CatchTheWavee dec 21 Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- "808 Mafia Part 2 Mixtape Trailer". 808 Mafia TV via YouTube. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- "808 Mafia – 808 Mafia 2 [Mixtape]". OnSmash. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- "Rico Richie – Realest Story Ever Told Vol. 2 [New Mixtape]". Hot New Hip Hop. Retrieved May 1, 2016.