From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||10th century BC – 9th century BC – 8th century BC|
|Decades:||850s BC 840s BC 830s BC – 820s BC – 810s BC 800s BC 790s BC|
|Years:||829 BC 828 BC 827 BC 826 BC 825 BC 824 BC 823 BC 822 BC 821 BC 820 BC|
Events and trends
- 828 BC/827 BC (14th year in the era of Gònghé)—King Xuan of Zhou becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China, ending almost two decades of the Gonghe Regency.
- 828 BC—Xiong Yan is replaced by his son Xiong Shuang as Viscount of Chu.
- 825 BC—Takelot II, king of Egypt, dies. Crown Prince Osorkon III and Shoshenq III, sons of Takelot, battle for the throne.
- 825 BC/824 BC—Ariphron, King of Athens, dies after a reign of 20 years and is succeeded by his son Thespieus.
- 823 BC—Death of Shalmaneser III, king of Assyria. He is succeeded by his son Shamshi-Adad V.
- 821 BC—Xiong Xun, youngest brother of Xiong Shuang, ascends the throne of Chu after defeating his surviving brothers Xiong Xue and Xiong Kan.
- 820 BC—Pygmalion ascends the throne of Tyre.