82nd Avenue of Roses Parade
The 82nd Avenue of Roses Parade is an annual event in Portland, Oregon, United States, established in 2007. The parade is organized by the 82nd Avenue of Roses Business Association, part of a local business group called Venture Portland, as an effort to improve 82nd Avenue's image.
The 2019 parade was on 27 April, and starts at the Eastport Plaza. It's Portland's largest east side parade, consisting of 55-60 entries including floats, bands, classic automobiles, and various marching groups. The COVID-19 pandemic caused the parade to go on hiatus since 2020.
- "Organizers cancel 82nd Avenue of Roses Parade, after protesters threaten to shut it down". OregonLive.com. Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- "Portland 82nd Avenue of Roses Parade starts 9:30 a.m. Saturday". OregonLive.com. Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- Doug Brown (April 25, 2017). "82nd Avenue of the Roses Parade Cancelled after Threats of Political Protests, Violence". The Portland Mercury. Retrieved May 2, 2017.
- Katie Mettler (April 27, 2017). "Portland rose parade canceled after 'antifascists' threaten GOP marchers". The Washington Post. Retrieved May 2, 2017.
- KATU Staff. "82nd Avenue of Roses parade returns after cancellation last year". KATU. Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- Staff, FOX 12. "Annual 82nd Avenue of Roses Parade returns after threats canceled last year's event". Retrieved 2018-06-07.