From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 835. For the number, see 835 (number).
|Centuries:||8th century – 9th century – 10th century|
|Decades:||800s 810s 820s – 830s – 840s 850s 860s|
|Years:||832 833 834 – 835 – 836 837 838|
|835 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1588|
|Chinese calendar||甲寅年 (Wood Tiger)
3531 or 3471
— to —
乙卯年 (Wood Rabbit)
3532 or 3472
|- Vikram Samvat||891–892|
|- Shaka Samvat||757–758|
|- Kali Yuga||3936–3937|
|Japanese calendar||Jōwa 2
|Minguo calendar||1077 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1146/1147 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1377–1378|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 835.|
- Ragnar Lodbrok rises to power (approximate date).
- The celebration of All Saints is made an obligation throughout the Frankish Empire and fixed on November 1.
- The Vikings raid Dorestad.
- December 14 – Sweet Dew Incident: In the northeast sector of the Chinese capital Chang'an, after a failure by the chancellor Li Xun to slaughter the powerful eunuchs, troops under the eunuchs' command slaughter many court officials and Li Xun's associates.
- November 27 – Muhammad at-Taqi, Shia Imam (b. 811)
- Kūkai, founder of Shingon Buddhism in Japan (b. 774)
- Lu Tong, Chinese poet (b. 790)