From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 835. For the number, see 835 (number).
|Centuries:||8th century – 9th century – 10th century|
|Decades:||800s 810s 820s – 830s – 840s 850s 860s|
|Years:||832 833 834 – 835 – 836 837 838|
|835 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1588|
|Chinese calendar||甲寅年 (Wood Tiger)
3531 or 3471
— to —
乙卯年 (Wood Rabbit)
3532 or 3472
|- Vikram Samvat||891–892|
|- Shaka Samvat||757–758|
|- Kali Yuga||3936–3937|
|Japanese calendar||Jōwa 2
|Minguo calendar||1077 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1146/1147 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1377–1378|
- Ragnar Lodbrok, a Norse Viking ruler, rises to power. He becomes the scourge of France and England (approximate date).
- Danish Viking raiders ally with the Cornish against the rule of king Egbert of Wessex (approximate date).
- The Isle of Sheppey off the northern coast of Kent comes under Viking attack, during the Viking Age.
- December 14 – Sweet Dew Incident: Emperor Wen Zong plans a plot to free the court from the influence of his palace eunuchs. In the northeast sector of the capital Chang'an, after a failure of his chancellor Li Zhongyan, troops under the eunuchs' command slaughter many officials and other associates.
- November 1 – Pope Gregory IV promotes the celebration of the feast of All Saints throughout the Frankish Empire.
- c. September 20 – Ahmad ibn Tulun, Muslim governor (d. 884)
- Ahmad ibn Yusuf, Muslim mathematician (d. 912)
- Guaifer of Salerno, Lombard prince (approximate date)
- Lothair II, king of Lotharingia (d. 869)
- Louis the Younger, king of East Francia (or 830)
- Berengar the Wise, Frankish nobleman
- Duan Wenchang, chancellor of the Tang dynasty (b. 773)
- Kūkai, Japanese Buddhist monk (b. 774)
- Li Zhongyan, chancellor of the Tang dynasty
- Lu Sui, chancellor of the Tang dynasty (b. 776)
- Lu Tong, Chinese poet (b. 790)
- Muhammad at-Taqi, Twelver Shī'ah Imām (b. 811)
- Vladislav, duke of Croatia (approximate date)
- Wang Shoucheng, Chinese eunuch
- Zheng Zhu, Chinese general and official