84th Bombardment Squadron
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013)|
|84th Bombardment Squadron|
Emblem of the 84th Bombardment Squadron
|Branch||United States Air Force|
Antisubmarine patrols, Dec 1941-Jan 1942. Combat in MTO, 22 Jan 1943 – 30 Apr 1945. Cold War NATO tactical bombardment squadron. See 47th Operations Group for extended history.
- Constituted 84th Bombardment Squadron (Light) on 20 Nov 1940
- Activated on 15 Jan 1941
- Re-designated 84th Bombardment Squadron (Tactical) on 1 Oct 1955
- Discontinued, and inactivated, on 22 Jun 1962.
- Attached to 363d Tactical Reconnaissance Group, 17 Oct 1949
- Tactical Air Command, 1 Aug 1950
- Attached to 363d Tactical Reconnaissance Wing, 1 Sep 1950
- B-18 Bolo, 1941-1942
- A-20 Havoc, 1942-1945
- A-26 (later B-26) Invader, 1945-1949
- B-45 Tornado, 1949-1957
- B-66 Destroyer, 1958-1962
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556.