85th Brigade (United Kingdom)
The 85th Brigade was a formation of the British Army. It was originally formed from regular army battalions serving away from home in the British Empire. It was assigned to the 28th Division and served on the Western Front and the Macedonian Front during the First World War. The Brigade was temporarily attached to the 3rd Division between February and April 1915.
The infantry battalions did not all serve at once, but all were assigned to the brigade during the war.
- 2nd Battalion, Buffs (East Kent Regiment)
- 3rd Battalion, Royal Fusiliers
- 2nd Battalion, East Surrey Regiment
- 3rd Battalion, Middlesex Regiment
- 1/8th Battalion, Middlesex Regiment
- 85th Machine Gun Company
- 85th Trench Mortar Battery
- 85th SAA Section Ammunition Column
- "28th Division". The Long Long Trail. Retrieved 20 January 2012.