85th Street–Forest Parkway (BMT Jamaica Line)
85th Street–Forest Parkway
|New York City Subway rapid transit station|
|Address||85th Street & Jamaica Avenue
Queens, NY 11421
|Line||BMT Jamaica Line|
|Services||J (all times)|
|Transit connections||NYCT Bus: Q56|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||May 28, 1917 |
|Former/other names||Forest Parkway|
|Passengers (2015)||1,239,793 2.2%|
|Rank||336 out of 422|
|Next north||Woodhaven Boulevard: J|
|Next south||75th Street–Elderts Lane: J
(J skips to Cypress Hills)
85th Street–Forest Parkway is a skip-stop station on the BMT Jamaica Line of the New York City Subway, located on Jamaica Avenue in Woodhaven, Queens. The J train serves this station at all times. The Z train bypasses the station during rush hours in the peak direction when it operates.
|Side platform, doors will open on the right|
|Southbound||← toward Broad Street (Cypress Hills rush hours, 75th Street–Elderts Lane other times)
← does not stop here
|Center track||→ No track or roadbed|
|Northbound||→ toward Jamaica Center–Parsons/Archer (Woodhaven Boulevard) →
→ does not stop here →
|M||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent|
|G||Street Level||Exit/ Entrance|
"85th Street" was added to the name in 1966.
- "TO OPEN JAMAICA AV. LINE.; Nearly Two and a Half Miles Ready for Operation Tonight" (May 27, 1917). New York Times Company. May 27, 1917. p. 24. Retrieved April 21, 2015.
- "Jamaica Avenue 'L' is an Old Story Already" (PDF) (May 31, 1917). Leader Observer (Queens/Brooklyn, NY). May 31, 1917. p. 1. Retrieved April 20, 2015.
- Report of the Public Service Commission for the First District of the State of New York, Volume 1. New York State Public Service Commission. January 15, 1918. pp. 73, 81, 312–314. Retrieved April 20, 2015.
- "Facts and Figures: Annual Subway Ridership". Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Neighborhood Map Woodhaven City Line Cypress Hills Forest Hills Glendale Ozone Park" (PDF). mta.info. Metropolitan Transportation Authority. 2015. Retrieved October 2, 2016.
- "J/Z Subway Timetable, Effective November 7, 2016" (PDF). New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- Dougherty, Peter (2006) . Tracks of the New York City Subway 2006 (3rd ed.). Dougherty. OCLC 49777633 – via Google Books.