From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 872 BC)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
Events and trends
- 879 BC—Death of Zhou yi wang, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 879 BC—Kalhu is dedicated. Some historians say that Assurnasirpal II gives a banquet for 69,574 persons to celebrate it.
- 878 BC—Zhou li wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 877 BC—Parshvanatha, the 23rd Tirthankara of Jainism was born in India.
- 874 BC—Shoshenq II succeeds Takelot I as king of the Twenty-second dynasty of Egypt.
- 874 BC—Ahab becomes king of Israel (approximate date).
- 872 BC—An exceptionally high flood of the Nile covers the floors of the Temple of Luxor.
- 872 BC—Osorkon II succeeds Shoshenq II as king of the Twenty-second dynasty of Egypt.
- Sangave, Dr. Vilas Adinath (2001). Facets of Jainology: Selected Research Papers on Jain Society, Religion, and Culture. Mumbai: Popular Prakashan. ISBN 978-81-7154-839-2.
- Fisher, Mary Pat (1997). Living Religions: An Encyclopedia of the World's Faiths. London: I.B.Tauris. ISBN 1-86064-148-2.