From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 882. For the number, see 882 (number).
|Centuries:||8th century – 9th century – 10th century|
|Decades:||850s 860s 870s – 880s – 890s 900s 910s|
|Years:||879 880 881 – 882 – 883 884 885|
|882 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1635|
|Chinese calendar||辛丑年 (Metal Ox)
3578 or 3518
— to —
壬寅年 (Water Tiger)
3579 or 3519
|- Vikram Samvat||938–939|
|- Shaka Samvat||804–805|
|- Kali Yuga||3983–3984|
|Japanese calendar||Gangyō 6
|Minguo calendar||1030 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1193/1194 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1424–1425|
- c. December – Ishaq ibn Kundaj arrests the Abbasid Caliph al-Mu'tamid when the latter tries to flee into Tulunid territory.
- January 20 – Louis the Younger, king of Saxony dies, leaving his territory to his brother, the emperor Charles the Fat.
- August 5 – Carloman II, King of West Francia, becomes sole king upon the death of his brother, Louis III.
- Oleg of Novgorod takes Kiev and makes it his capital starting in Russia and eastern Europe forming the Kievan Rus' replacing the 19-year-long Christianization of the Rus' Khaganate.
- February 8 – Muhammad ibn Tughj al-Ikhshid, ruler of Egypt, founder of the Ikhshidid dynasty (d. 946)
- January 20 – King Louis the Younger of Saxony
- August 5 – King Louis III of France
- December 16 – Pope John VIII
- Traditional date.