From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 892. For the number, see 892 (number).
|Centuries:||8th century – 9th century – 10th century|
|Decades:||860s 870s 880s – 890s – 900s 910s 920s|
|Years:||889 890 891 – 892 – 893 894 895|
|892 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1645|
|Chinese calendar||辛亥年 (Metal Pig)
3588 or 3528
— to —
壬子年 (Water Rat)
3589 or 3529
|- Vikram Samvat||948–949|
|- Shaka Samvat||814–815|
|- Kali Yuga||3993–3994|
|Japanese calendar||Kanpyō 4
|Minguo calendar||1020 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1203/1204 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1434–1435|
- The former Silla general Gyeonhwon attacks the city of Gwangju and declares himself king.
- The de facto regent of the Abbasid Caliphate, al-Mu'tadid, removes his cousin al-Mufawwad from the succession in April, and becomes himself Caliph after the death of al-Mu'tamid in October.
- Poppo of Thuringia, count of the march in Thuringia, is deposed by the German Carolingian king Arnulf of Carinthia.
- Arnulf of Carinthia and his Magyar (Hungarian) allies invade Great Moravia.
- Matilda, wife of Henry I the Fowler
- Saadia Gaon, Egyptian-born rabbi
- February 28 – Gaozu of Later Jin, founder of the Later Jin Dynasty in China (d. 942)
- Emperor Ai of Tang
- al-Tirmidhi, hadith compiler