8th Berlin International Film Festival
|Awards||Golden Bear (Smultronstället)|
|Festival date||27 June – 8 July 1958|
The 8th annual Berlin International Film Festival was held from 27 June to 8 July 1958. The festival was opened by Berlin's then newly elected mayor Willy Brandt. The Golden Bear was awarded to the Swedish film Smultronstället directed by Ingmar Bergman.
The following people were announced as being on the jury for the festival:
- Frank Capra (Head of Jury)
- J. Novais Teixeira
- Jean Marais
- Paul Rotha
- L. B. Rao
- Duilio Coletti
- Michiko Tanaka
- Gerhard T. Buchholz
- Willy Haas
- Gerhard Lamprecht
- Leopold Reitemeister
Films in competition
† Winner of the main award for best film in its section
The following prizes were awarded by the Jury:
- Golden Bear: Smultronstället by Ingmar Bergman
- Silver Bear for Best Director: Tadashi Imai for Jun'ai Monogatari
- Silver Bear for Best Actress: Anna Magnani for Wild Is the Wind
- Silver Bear for Best Actor: Sidney Poitier for The Defiant Ones
- Silver Bear Extraordinary Prize of the Jury: Do Aankhen Barah Haath by Rajaram Vankudre Shantaram
- FIPRESCI Award
- OCIC Award
- "8th Berlin International Film Festival". berlinale.de. Retrieved 31 December 2009.
- "Episode 3 / 1958: The Golden Key, Dialogue and the Defiance of a Front-Line City". Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- "PRIZES & HONOURS 1958". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "JURIES 1958". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "PROGRAMME 1958". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2014.