|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||20s BC 10s BC 0s BC – 0s – 10s 20s 30s|
|Years:||6 AD 7 AD 8 AD – 9 AD – 10 AD 11 AD 12 AD|
|9 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||762|
|Chinese calendar||戊辰年 (Earth Dragon)
2705 or 2645
— to —
己巳年 (Earth Snake)
2706 or 2646
|Coptic calendar||−275 – −274|
|- Vikram Samvat||65–66|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3110–3111|
|Iranian calendar||613 BP – 612 BP|
|Islamic calendar||632 BH – 631 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1903 before ROC
|Seleucid era||320/321 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||551–552|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 9.|
Year 9 (IX) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. In the Roman Empire, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Sabinus and Camerinus (or, less frequently, 762 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 9 for this year has been used since the late medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Empress Wang is given the title of Duchess Dowager of Ding'an, while Emperor Ruzi of Han, the former Emperor of Han becomes the Duke of Ding'an. Ruzi Ying is placed under house arrest.
- Lui Kuai, Marquess of Zuziang, attacks the Dukedom of Fuchong under his brother Liu Ying. Lui Kuai is defeated and killed in the ensuing battle.
- January 10 – Wang Mang founds the short-lived Xin Dynasty in China (until 25). Wang Mang names his wife Empress Wang (Xin Dynasty) and his son Wang Lin Crown Prince and heir to the throne.
- Claudius marries Plautia Urgulanilla following the death of Livia Medullina.
- Illyria is turned into a province after the Great Illyrian Revolt is defeated.
- The Rhine River is established as the boundary between the Latin and German speaking worlds, following the defeat of the Roman army, under the command of Varus, at the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest.
- Legio II Augusta, XX Valeria Victrix, and XIII Gemina move to Germany to replace Legio XIX and the others destroyed at Teutoburg.
- Ovid is banished to Tomis.
- Pannonia (modern-day Hungary) submits to Roman rule.
- In order to increase the number of marriages, and ultimately the population, the Lex Papia Poppaea is adopted in Italy. This law prohibits celibacy and childless relationships.
- Roman finances become strained following the Danubian insurrection and Varus' defeat in Germany, where three Roman legions were destroyed. This results in the levying of two new taxes: five percent of inheritances, and one percent on sales.
- The Catuvellauni attack the Trinovantes and capture Camulodunum.