|This article does not cite any sources. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|AD 90 by topic|
|Gregorian calendar||AD 90
|Ab urbe condita||843|
|Balinese saka calendar||11–12|
|Chinese calendar||己丑年 (Earth Ox)
2786 or 2726
— to —
庚寅年 (Metal Tiger)
2787 or 2727
|Coptic calendar||−194 – −193|
|- Vikram Samvat||146–147|
|- Shaka Samvat||11–12|
|- Kali Yuga||3190–3191|
|Iranian calendar||532 BP – 531 BP|
|Islamic calendar||548 BH – 547 BH|
|Julian calendar||AD 90
|Minguo calendar||1822 before ROC
|Seleucid era||401/402 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||632–633|
216 or −165 or −937
— to —
217 or −164 or −936
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AD 90.|
AD 90 (XC) was a common year starting on Friday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Domitian and Nerva (or, less frequently, year 843 Ab urbe condita). The denomination AD 90 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- The Romans build a small garrison in the suburbs of modern Regensburg (approximate date).
- Pliny the Younger's appointment as urban quaestor ends.
- Emperor Domitian and Nerva are Roman Consuls.
- Cologne becomes the capital of Germania Inferior.
- A humiliating peace is bought by Domitian from Decebalus of Dacia.
- Continuing his conquest of the Tarim basin, Chinese General Ban Chao defeats the Kushan led by Kanishka.
- The Roman epic poet Gaius Valerius Flaccus dies, having written works that include the Argonautica, describing the voyage of Jason and the Argonauts to retrieve the Golden Fleece from the mythical land of Colchis.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2016)|
- Pedanius Dioscorides, Greek physician (approximate date) (b. c. AD 40)
- Gaius Valerius Flaccus, Roman poet (approximate date)