900s BC (decade)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 900 BCE)
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
Events and trends
- 909 BC — Zhou xiao wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 909 BC — Jeroboam, the first king of the northern Hebrew kingdom of Israel, dies and is succeeded by his son Nadab.
- c. 900 BC — the Villanovan culture emerges in northern Italy (Villanovan II).
- c. 900 BC - Foundation of Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka.
- 900 BC — Kingdom of Kush.
- c. 900 BC — Greek Dark Ages end.
- c. 900 BC — Geometric period of vases starts in Ancient Greece.
- c. 900 BC — The inhabitants of the Aegean region establish small, distinct groups in valleys, on coastal plains and on islands, living in self-sufficient, close-knit communities but all speaking some form of the same language.
- c. 900 BC — San Lorenzo, the center of early Olmec culture, is destroyed, probably by migrating peoples from the north, and power passes to La Venta in Tabasco.
- c. 900 BC - La Venta starts to thrive.
- c. 900 BC - Colossal head (no. 4) from La Venta, Mexico, is made. Olmec culture. It is now kept at La Venta Park, Villahermosa, Tabasco, Mexico.
- c. 900 BC - 600 BC - Great Pyramid and ball court, La Venta, Mexico, is built. Olmec culture.