|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Hiro Kaburagi|
|Written by||Taku Kishimoto|
|Music by||Shōgo Kaida|
|Original network||JNN (TBS, MBS, CBC,|
|Original run||July 9, 2016 – October 1, 2016|
|Episodes||12 + 1 OVA|
91 Days is a Japanese anime television series. Set during the United States Prohibition era, the series follows Angelo Lagusa and his quest to seek revenge against the Vanetti Family. The series aired from July 9, 2016 to October 1, 2016.
The story is set in the fictional town of Lawless during Prohibition in 1932, where brewed liquor dominates the black market thanks to the Italian Mafia. Angelo Lagusa, a young man whose family was murdered in a Mafia dispute, seeks revenge against the Vanetti Family, particularly its Don, Vincent Vanetti which is the Mafiosi that controls Lawless district, and one of the high ranking members of La Cosa Nostra. After seven years in hiding in the Midwest following the night of the murder, Angelo receives an anonymous letter from a friend of his father's, prompting him to return to Lawless and exact his revenge. Under the name of Avilio Bruno, he begins to infiltrate the Vanetti clan by slowly befriending the Don's son, Nero. However, in this dramatic 91-day story, revenge breeds revenge, and killing may yield drastic consequences. How will Angelo Lagusa and Nero Vanetti fare, in this tragic harvest field that they have only begun to sow?
- Angelo Lagusa (アンジェロ・ラグーザ, Anjero Ragūsa)
- Avilio Bruno (アヴィリオ・ブルーノ, Avuirio Burūno)
- Voiced by: Takashi Kondō (Japanese); Austin Tindle (English)
- A victim of the traditional Sicilian crime. Seven years before the arrival of the letter, his family was mercilessly slaughtered by the Vanettis. He has a severe hatred for the Vanettis and hid for seven years until he received an anonymous letter to return to Lawless and exact his revenge on those who wronged him. He is known for his brilliant ideas and wiles. He tries to earn Nero Vanetti's trust to get to the Don of the Vanetti Family, so he can finish his revenge by killing them both with ease. He relies on the conspiracies of other families to destroy the Vanettis.
- Nero Vanetti (ネロ・ヴァネッティ, Nero Vuanetti)
- Voiced by: Takuya Eguchi (Japanese); Ian Moore (English)
- The eldest son of Vanetti Family, and one of Angelo's main targets for revenge. He has a bright and positive personality, and he values his family above everything, and he never forgives traitors no matter what. With his father's sickness, he knew the Galassia family got the opportunity to force its way in and perish his father's rule in Lawless, so he's willing to keep it from happening and let the Vanettis be the reigning family of Lawless. In April of 1925, he, alongside Vincent Vanetti (his father) and Vanno Clemente (his closest friend), killed and massacred Angelo's entire family. He believes in the family's pride, refusing to back down to the Orcos or the Galassias no matter what, if they demand something that will demean his family. He later takes the seat of Don of the Vanetti family from his father Vincent, because he proved that he is smart as his father, and ruthless as a crime boss.
The Vanetti Family origins from Savoca, Sicily. When Vincenzo Vanetti immigrated to USA, due to the economic crisis, he dreamed of building an Empire that he can rule. He got Made in the Moreno crime family through Ganzo Alari. He served under the Morenos for years, which had Lawless district and West Chicago on their palms, but the Morenos and the Galassias didn’t get along with each other, and Vincent took the opportunity to increase his own power by dealing with the Galassias in secrecy with Alari's help, but Don Moreno’s accountant, Testa Lagusa found out about this. In April of 1925, Vincent killed Don Moreno and the Lagusas to keep the knowledge from being leaked out. For the past seven years, the Vanettis were the most feared and respected family alongside with the Galassias, but with Don Vanetti getting sick, the other crime families began to rise, and that made the Vanetti authority begin to fail.
- Vincenzo Vanetti (ヴィンセント・ヴァネッティ, Vuinsento Vuanetti)
- Voiced by: Kazuhiro Yamaji (Japanese); Jeremy Schwartz (English)
- The Godfather of the Vanetti Family, known as Vincent Vanetti. Vincent is a religious and traditionalist man that values his family above everything else. He is very smart and careful, he is known as "The Man That Rules Lawless In The Shadows". He loves opera and he has a dream to build a fancy playhouse for it. He is a ruthless man though trying to avoid a Mafia war, but when it comes to get what he wants, he is unstoppable. For the last decade he was the most feared and respected face of Lawless, but his illness made his power severely decrease both in Lawless and La Cosa Nostra.
- Constanzia Vanetti (コニー・ヴァネッティ, Konīstanzea Vanetti)
- Voiced by: Masaka yorino (Japanese); Jessica Cavanagh (English)
- Wife of Vincent Vanetti and mother of Nero, Fio, and Frate known as Connie. She died of an unknown illness when Nero was 10 years old. With Vincent seeing his children losing their mother, he promised himself to build them a good life (this was one of the reasons that made Vincent betray his Don and usurp his Empire).
- Ganzo Alari (ガンゾ・アラリー, Ganzo Ararī)
- Voiced by: Masuo Amada (Japanese); Chris Messersmith (English)
- Former underboss of the Moreno Family, and current left-hand man of Vincent. Not only is the person who sent Angelo the anonymous letter to come to Lawless, but he was also the fourth man on the night of the murder of Angelo’s family. He wants to take over the Vanetti's leadership. Despite being prone to anger, is a very greedy man and wants the higher-ups of his Family to be taken care of by Angelo, so he can have all the power, money, and women of Lawless to himself.
- Frate Vanetti (フラテ・ヴァネッティ, Furate Vuanetti)
- Voiced by: Kōtarō Nishiyama (Japanese); Justin Briner (English)
- Nero's younger brother, and the youngest son of Vincent Vanetti. He is willing to sacrifice anything to preserve peace between the Mafia families. He is somewhat weak-willed, as he is even willing to kill his own brother to preserve the peace. He believes that the Vanetti's power cannot stand against the Galassia Family and that they should surrender to them without a fight. He is jealous of Nero's natural ability to lead people and do as he pleases, and even believes that Nero is the sole cause of the chaos that caused both Galassia and Orco families to want him dead. Ronaldo started to vet him to be named the head of the Vanettis after the Galassias forced Vincent to step down, but fate didn’t let him to be the Don, no matter how much he wanted it.
- Fio Vanetti (フィオ・ヴァネッティ, Fio Vuanetti)
- Voiced by: Hisako Tōjō (Japanese); Alex Moore (English)
- Frate and Nero's sister and Vincent's only daughter. Her marriage with Ronaldo was pre-arranged to build alliance and kinship with the Galassia Family. She cares deeply for both her brothers and does not want either to die fighting each other.
- Vanno Clemente (ヴァンノ・クレメンテ, Vuan'no Kuremente)
- Voiced by: Daisuke Ono (Japanese); Newton Pittman (English)
- One of Nero Vanetti's closest friends, ever since childhood, and one of Angelo's main targets of revenge. Like Nero, he believes that the Vanettis run Lawless district and they should keep it to themselves, no matter what. Seven years prior to the story, he shot and killed Testa Lagusa, alongside Nero Vanetti and his father Vincent. He was very close friends with Tronco.
- Barbero (バルベロ, Barubero)
- Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese); Aaron Roberts (English)
- The Consigliere of the Vanetti Family. Nero's subordinate who is calm and collected. He helps Nero make smart decisions for the family. He’s willing to sacrifice anything to protect Nero’s life.
- Del Toro (デルトロ, Deru Toro)
- Voiced by: Kanehira Yamamoto (Japanese); Philip Weber (English)
- The right-hand man and bodyguard of Vincent Vanetti. He has served under Vincent for many years since fighting in Europe. He can’t speak cause his throat is wounded in battle. His physical and mental power makes it difficult to approach Vincent Vanetti.
- Tigre (ティグレ, Tigure)
- Voiced by: Kenji Hamada (Japanese); Jarrod Greene (English)
- A Vanetti Caporegime, and one of Nero's trusted subordinates and allies. He is one of the most loyal members of the Vanetti Family and refuses to back down, even if the price is death. When Frate Vanetti and Ronaldo tried to assassinate Nero, he saved him and wounded by Frate's men. Angelo makes a deal with Fango to save Tigre's life.
- Volpe (ヴォルペ, Vourupe)
- Voiced by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Japanese); Marcus D. Stimac (English)
- Professional Soldato of the Vanetti Family, and one of Nero's most loyal friends and reliable subordinates. When he and Angelo tried to assassinate Frate and Ronaldo, they failed and chased by the Vanettis. After getting away somewhere near the Vanettis' territory, Angelo kills him before warning Nero (Nero was not aware of the plan cause it was made up by Angelo to destroy Vanetti's men by each other and incite the feud between the Vanetti brothers). After Frate found his body, he thought that Nero set the assassination plan. So Frate and his men hanged his body on Lawless bridge as a message for Nero. And that caused the Vanetti Family an internal war between Frate and Nero, which made them lose many men, influence, and respect.
- Arturo Tronco (アルトゥーロ・トロンコ, Arutoūro Toronko)
- Voiced by: Makoto Furukawa (Japanese); Joel McDonald (English)
- An ex-taxi driver and one of Nero's men, who was murdered by Orco's men, including Serpente when he and Vanno were smuggling booze in the Vanetti trade route. His death triggered the Vanetti Family's hatred of the Orco Family.
- Gianni (ジャンニ, Janni)
- Voiced by: Eiichirou Tokumoto (Japanese); Jack Texas (English)
- Nero's guard and spy. Nero uses him to watch over Angelo to know if he is not betraying his family.
Orco Family\Fango Family
Orco used to be a member of the Moreno Clan, but situations made him split from them. Since then, he became another Mafia boss that made the streets of Lawless a bloody path. Not only they are rich but their name makes the listeners afraid of their lives. Tactics, Anger, Prestige, and plans that are difficult to trace, can be found in this violent crime Outfit.
- Orco (オルコ, Oruko)
- Voiced by: Chafurin (Japanese); R. Bruce Elliott (English)
- The head of the Orco family. An extremely gluttonous man who's very partial to lasagna. Orco is a fearless and conniving Don. He initially started the dispute between him and the Vanettis by stealing their trade route, but amplified the dispute by killing Tronco. Using Fango, Don Orco planned to kill Nero Vanetti in order to get truce between his outfit and Vanettis' faction, led by Frate, but then Fango became a liability. He meets his demise by Fango and gets eaten by his outfit's executives, as per his and Nero's deal to seek protection in exchange for overthrowing Orco.
- Fango (ファンゴ, Fango)
- Voiced by: Kenjiro Tsuda (Japanese); Brandon Potter (English)
- A member of the Orco's Outfit. He is ruthless, amibitious, and borderline psychotic person, who is willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants. With help from Angelo and Nero, he overthrows Orco, subsequently kills him, feeds him to his executives, and becomes the Don of the Orco family by usurpation, which he renames after himself. He wants the recipe for Corteo's Lawless Heaven brew as he was seeking to hit it rich with the imminent end of Prohibition. He forms a bargain with Corteo, who is trying to escape the fighting; he will protect Corteo, as long as he gives him the recipe and the location of Nero. But when Scuza provides the recipe of Lawless Heaven, seized by the FBI in a raid on Vanetti's distillery, he no longer had a need for Corteo. He initially tries to kill Corteo, but then decides to leave him to the Vanettis, whom he had betrayed. But before he could inform them, Corteo kills him.
- Serpente (セルペンテ, Serupente)
- Voiced by: Yasuyuki Kase (Japanese); Jason Liebrecht (English)
- Fango's subordinate, and the Soldato that killed Tronco. Vanno would go on to kill him, avenging Tronco's death. His corpse was secretly taken by Cerotto and sold to Scuza, sparking a war between the Vanetti and Orco families.
- Corvo (コルヴォ, Koruvo)
- Voiced by: Shunsuke Sakuya (Japanese); Ben Bryant  (English)
- An Orco Caporegime. He’s extremely smart, powerful, and one of the most trusted men of Don Orco. He cares deeply for loyalty and respect in the Mafia, unlike His Don or Fango, he’s extremely careful and calm. Fighting with him is not an easy job.
- Carmelo (カーメロ, Kamero)
- Voiced by: Naoto Kobayashi (Japanese); John Daniels (English)
- One of Orco's least important men. The families use him to torture enemies and traitors.
- Gatto (ガット, gatto)
- Voiced by: Ryuunosuke Watanuki (Japanese); Chris Rager (English)
- Fango's subordinate, who first served under Don Orco, then to Don Fango himself, then to Nero Vanetti. (After Fango's death, almost all of his men started working for the Vanettis)
- Botti (ボッティ, Bottï)
- Voiced by: Ryuunosuke Watanuki (Japanese); Sean Dinan (English)
- One of Fango's thugs and Cerotto's older brother. The Orcos used him to extort Corteo, but Angelo took him down.
- Cerotto (チェロット, Cherotto)
- Voiced by: Setsuji Satō (Japanese); Drew Wall (English)
- Botti's brother and Corteo's close friend, who got mixed up in the feud by trying to sell good alcohol. He witnessed Vanno killing Serpente, such that he sold his body to Scuza, for Fango. Since then, he became a butler for Fango.
The Galassia family is part of the Chicago Outfit and controls the majority of Chicago's criminal underworld and tries to grab hold of Lawless. The Vanetti and Orco families are not strong enough to go against them and often comply with what they ask.
- Galassia (ガラッシア, Garasshia)
- Voiced by: Hōchū Ōtsuka (Japanese); Michael Johnson (English)
- The Don of the Galassia family based in Chicago. A carefree and somewhat cheerful man, Don Galassia set all plans in motion behind the scenes through his nephews Ronaldo and Strega. Following Ronaldo's death, he and his family grieve over him, but later, recieve a free shipment of Lawless Heaven liquor as a sign that the Vanettis doesn't want to be his enemies and instead, want to make peace and possibly, the alliance with Galassias, for which, he was invited to the Vanetti's opera theater's opening night.
- Strega (ストレガ, Sutorega)
- Voiced by: Subaru Kimura (Japanese); David Wald (English)
- Galassia's favourite nephew and Underboss and Ronaldo's cousin. He is secretly working with Ganzo to take out both Vincent and Nero. After his uncle dies, he kills Ganzo in retaliation, immediately becomes the Don and ends the Vanetti Empire's reign over Lawless.
- Ronaldo (ロナルド, Ronarudo)
- Voiced by: Yūichi Nakamura (Japanese); David Trosko (English)
- A nephew of Don Galassia and Strega's cousin. He married Fio in the pre-arranged marriage, made by his father-in-law Vincent in order to make alliance with Galassias. He believes in the authority that he has as a member of the Galassia family, using it to try and keep the other Mafia families in Lawless under his control. He depends on Frate's fear and willingess to get acknowledged to control the Vanettis.
Testa Lagusa was a member of the Moreno Family, even before Vincent and the others. He was extremely loyal to his Don, which by the time they controlled all brothels, bars and black market of Lawless. But with Vincent's betrayal and Galassia's rising influence, Testa and his Don were murdered by The Vanettis. But his only legacy for revenge, Angelo, makes the story longer for bloodshed.
- Testa Lagusa (テスタ・ラクーザ, Tesuta Ragūza)
- Voiced by: Satoshi Mikami (Japanese); J. Michael Tatum (English)
- Angelo's father who was killed by the Vanettis. He was Don Moreno's accountant, He knew about the deals going on between the Vanetti and Galassia families, and his family was murdered to keep the knowledge from being leaked out.
- Elena Lagusa (エレサ・ラクーザ, Erena Ragūza)
- Voiced by: Kanami Satō (Japanese); Caitlin Glass (English)
- Angelo's mother and Testa's wife, who was killed by the Vanetti Family.
- Luce Lagusa (ルーチェ・ラクーザ, Rūche Ragūza)
- Voiced by: Kaede Hondo (Japanese); Madeline Morris (English)
- Angelo's younger brother who was killed by the Vanettis, because Vincent believed that if he grows up, he will avenge his father and won't forget about them.
- Don Moreno (ドンモレノ, Don moureno)
- The Don of the Moreno Family known as "The Godfather of Lawless" who controlled West Chicago and Lawless district, but didn’t get along with the Galassias and lost many turfs to them. when the Morenos and the Galassias were at war, Vincent took the opportunity to take over his Don's Empire by making deals with the Galassias in secrecy. in 1925, the Vanettis killed Don Moreno and took over all of his assets. Even after his death, the streets of Lawless couldn’t forget the crime lord that lost all of his Empire's heirs for the Vanettis. (He doesn’t physically appear within the series)
- Officer Nick (ニック, nikku)
- Voiced by: Takaya Kuroda (Japanese); Nicholas Brown (English)
- a corrupt police officer in the town of Khota. When Nero greased his hand with some money, he asked him if he knows a bar, so Nick told him a secret place. However, when Mad Mack tortured him to tell him where Nero and Angelo are, he killed him right after he got the answer.
- Corteo (コルテオ, Koruteo)
- Voiced by: Sōma Saitō (Japanese); Brandon McInnis (English)
- Angelo's close childhood friend. His father was one of Don Moreno's men that murdered in a dispute, since then, he and his mother lived in poverty, but they were helped out by the Lagusa family. He has developed an extremely delicious brew of alcohol called Lawless Heaven, which he starts to make for the Vanetti family. The only problem is that the ingredients and mixture are more complex than other brews. He is brought into the plot by Angelo. though he hates the Mob, but his love to Angelo made him a part of it. He later becomes very scared about the entire situation and hopes to try and find a way out.
- Scuza (スクーザ, Sukūza)
- Voiced by: Kōji Ishii (Japanese); Chad Cline (English)
- The corrupt Head of the Federal Bureau of Prohibition in Lawless. Through Delphy's investigation of the Lodge, he manages to dig up the recipe for Lawless Heaven, after he was reinstated back to his position, tries to sell it to Fango for an overinflated price, but gets killed instead.
- Delphy (デルフィ, Derufi)
- Voiced by: Hiroki Tōchi (Japanese); Mark Stoddard (English)
- A member of the Federal Bureau of Prohibition from Chicago who replaces Scuza. He has bold intentions to clean up the corruption and organized crime in Lawless. He had been investigating bars all over town, seeking to put liquor sales to a halt, thus limiting the income that the Vanetti Family. He subsequently drops his investigation after the Vanettis threatened to kill his wife and daughter through a car bomb.
- Mad Mack (マッドマック, Maddo Macko)
- Voiced by: Atsushi Imaruoka (Japanese); Paul Ramirez (English)
- A Mexican hitman hired by an unknown group of people (those who hired him could be either Orco or Frate's henchmen) to take out Nero and Angelo. Though he’s extreme powerful, he fails the assassination and gets killed by a farmer.
- Martha (マルタ, Maruta)
- Voiced by: sakaya mazusa (Japanese); Constance Jones (English)
- The caretaker that looked after Connie Vanetti when she was ill.
- Lacrima (破れ目, racurima)
- Voiced by: Mayumi Asano (Japanese); Janelle Lutz (English)
- Fango's mistress, who runs her own shop. She was with him at her apartment, when Angelo attempted to assassinate Fango.
- Guccio Baltano (グッチョバルターノ, guchiio barutano)
- Angelo's friend in orphanage who eventually appears in a bar. He is killed by Angelo.
- Lauro (月桂樹, rauro)
- The newest recruit for the Vanetti Family.
- Amy (エイミィ, eimī)
- A temporary friend of Angelo that he met in Chicago.
- Paul (ポール, pouru)
- Amy's boyfriend.
Production and release
The anime was announced in March 2016. It is directed by Hiro Kaburagi and written by Taku Kishimoto, with animation by the studio Shuka. Tomohiro Kishi is designing the series' characters, and Shōgo Kaida is producing the music. The opening theme song, "Signal", is performed by TK from Ling tosite sigure, while the closing theme, "Rain or Shine", is performed by ELISA. The series premiered on July 9, 2016 on TBS and also aired on the Animeism programming block on MBS, CBC and BS-TBS. The series was simulcasted on Crunchyroll, with Funimation handling dubbing and distribution of the series in North America.
|No.||Title [a]||Original air date|
|1||"Night of the Murder"|
Transcription: "Satsujin no Yoru" (Japanese: 殺人の夜)
|9 July 2016|
|After returning to the Lawless district seven years after the massacre of his family, Angelo gets reacquainted with an old friend and they both dive into a new way of life. Angelo convinces Corteo(his childhood friend) to sell his booze to the Mob, which leads them to meet Don Vanetti's son, Nero Vanetti, and his friend Vanno Clemente.|
|2||"Phantom of Falsehood"|
Transcription: "Itsuwari no Gen'ei" (Japanese: いつわりの幻影)
|16 July 2016|
|The Vanetti family seeks revenge after the continued compromising of their smuggling routes leads to the death of one of their young runners. Don Vanetti's mansion hosts a wedding between the Don's daughter, Fio, and a man named Ronaldo, but behind the scenes of the grand party, the family feels uneasy. Vanno is eager to avenge Arturo Tronco's death so Angelo decides to help him on the condition to vet him to the outfit. Angelo moves one step closer to completing his revenge, by killing Vanno Clemente.|
|3||"Where the Footfalls Lead"|
Transcription: "Ashioto no Ikisaki" (Japanese: 足音の行先)
|23 July 2016|
|Tensions reach a boiling point once the Vanetti Family begin to enact their "Retaliation". after breaking Galassia's condition to keep the peace with the Orco family, Nero is given an ultimatum.|
|4||"Losing to Win, and What Comes After"|
Transcription: "Makete Katte, Sono Ato de" (Japanese: 敗けて勝って、その後で)
|30 July 2016|
|Angelo and Nero adjust to life on the run while an assassin tails them, though he failed taking out Nero. Angelo notices a discrepancy between the letter and his memory of the massacre.|
|5||"Blood Will Have Blood"|
Transcription: "Chi wa Chi o Yobu" (Japanese: 血は血を呼ぶ)
|6 August 2016|
|The Orco family calls for a truce after failing to take out Fango. The conditions, however, end up being less than favorable for some parties. Nero is makes a new brand of moonshine that given by Barbero's idea with Corteo's help. When he comes back to the Vanetti mansion, Frate and Ronaldo get their men prepared to kill him, again they fail, thanks to Volpe's loyalty. Nero‘s Capo, Tigre, gets wounded while running away from the Vanettis. Nero, Barbero and the others have to cure the wound somehow, but the Vanettis put the district on lockdown. Ronaldo states that Galassia wants Frate to run the Vanettis, Don Vanetti realises that Frate's strings are under Ronaldo's hand. Angelo secretly makes a deal with Fango, for a doctor in payback.|
|6||"To Slaughter a Pig"|
Transcription: "Buta o Koroshi ni" (Japanese: 豚を殺しに)
|13 August 2016|
|Angelo, Nero and his men move forward with getting rid of Don Orco. Angelo thinks of a plan to take out Orco. Somehow, after capturing Orco after a fight, Nero takes him to Fango as promised, and he dismembers Orco and feeds him to his men. Fango owns everything Orco had and gets acknowledged by the authorities as the new Don. Angelo talks with Corteo, realising that it wasn’t Orco that sent the letter.|
|7||"A Poor Player"|
Transcription: "Aware na Yakusha" (Japanese: あわれな役者)
|20 August 2016|
|Increasing pressure from Ronaldo and a nudge from Angelo causes a schism within the Vanetti family by trying to assassinate Ronaldo with Volpe without Nero's knowledge and They failed the assassination. Angelo kills Volpe in a jungle near Vanetti's turfs. After Frate and his men find the car with only Volpe in it, Frate believes that Nero set the plan. Frate sends a message for Nero by hanging Volpe's body on Lawless bridge. Internal war begins between Frate and Nero. However, Frate's men decide to rebel and serve under Nero instead of him, which makes it clear that Nero was the winner. Somehow, Angelo pushs the family's buttons which leads to Ronaldo and Frate's death. Fio leaves her "Mob" family with her unborn child.|
Transcription: "Mijikai Rōsoku" (Japanese: 短いローソク)
|27 August 2016|
|A recap of the previous episodes.|
|8||"Behind the Curtain"|
Transcription: "Tobari no Kage" (Japanese: 帳の陰)
|3 September 2016|
|With Frate dead, Nero remains as the only Vanetti and he vows to do anything for the survival of his father's Empire. the new head of the Bureau of Prohibition cracks down on the feuding families. Fango aims to crush the Vanettis. After Delphy starts to investigate the Lodge(Nero's factory of Lawless Heaven brand), given the information by Fango, Nero warns him several times, but Delphy doesn’t step down, so Nero orders to take out his family. Delphy's family don’t die but the assassination extremely frightens Delphy which makes him leave the investigation. Fango uses Corteo's betrayal to kill Nero but he fails all the times. After Fango owns Lawless Heaven from the seize of Scuza, he tries to tell the Vanettis who the traitor is, but Corteo beats him to death.|
|9||"Black and Deep Desires"|
Transcription: "Kurozun da Yabō" (Japanese: 黒ずんだ野望)
|10 September 2016|
|While Corteo tries to catch the train to escape from Lawless the Vanettis capture him. They torture him but he stays quiet. Somehow Corteo vanishes, and the Vanettis put Lawless on lockdown to find him but they get nothing. At the Middle of the night Corteo calls Angelo for help which is blackmailed by an unknown person to force Angelo to kill Nero. Vincent gives the Don's rank to his son, Nero. Nero plans to expand His booze market across Illinois by negotiating with the Galassias. Angelo deduces the identity of the man who sent the letter.|
|10||"Proof of Good Faith"|
Transcription: "Seijitsu no Akashi" (Japanese: 誠実の証)
|17 September 2016|
|Angelo and Ganzo discuss motives, leverage and future plans shortly before Angelo revisits his hometown en route to a business deal with the Galassias in Chicago. Barbero finds out that Corteo was with Angelo when he left on the ship, so Ganzo calls Corteo to come back and save Angelo from death. Don Nero Vanetti calls Angelo for interrogation, and even orders the guards to inspect him before entering the Vanetti Mansion. In the middle of the interrogation Corteo smashs into Nero's office and explains why he betrayed Nero. Nero orders Angelo to kill Corteo to prove his loyalty.|
|11||"All for Nothing"|
Transcription: "Subete ga Muda-Goto" (Japanese: すべてがむだごと)
|24 September 2016|
|Don Galassia and his nephew, Strega, arrive in Lawless for the grand opening of the Vanetti playhouse as final preparations are made for the big show. The plot didn’t go as planned because Ganzo's assassins couldn’t kill Del Toro, even after Angelo kills Del Toro, Barbero and Tigre spot him and take him to the basement to investigate him, and they read the letter. However, Tigre tries to warn Nero and Ganzo, but Barbero refuses and tells him to only warn Ganzo. After he comes, Somehow, He manages to kill Barbero and release Angelo, then acts like Angelo made his way out and killed Barbero. Ganzo gives the letter to Nero to let him know who "Avilio" is in reality. Nero tries to stop him but he is unable. After lots of struggle to get to Vincent and Galassia, Angelo kills Galassia to prompt Strega to perish the Vanettis. The rule of the Vanetti Family begins to end. Vincent dies in Nero's hug with his last words: "Nero, all of this was for nothing my boy".|
|12||"Slipping Through the Dirty Sky"|
Transcription: "Yogore ta Sora o Kaikuguri" (Japanese: 汚れた空をかいくぐり)
|1 October 2016|
|Strega's men kill every Vanetti they see and the Vanettis are not tough enough to survive the war. Nero finds out where Angelo is and kidnaps him from Strega's bodyguards. After explaining everything to Nero, they leave Lawless with Cerotto and Nero takes the opportunity to steal his car. Angelo and Nero take a trip to see the Atlantic Ocean against a backdrop of warring families and a dying Empire. Nero asks Angelo if he is satisfied with his revenge, and Angelo replies that it didn’t give him the "Raison D’etre" that he hoped for and all of it was for nothing, Nero is reminded his father's last words and gets angry and beats him, asking Angelo why he didn’t just kill him instead of this, Angelo answers that he should have killed him when he had the chance. They spend the night sleeping in a jungle. After spending some days of travelling and eating, and trying to find a reason to forgive each other, Angelo tells Nero that the only reason that he is alive is that he didn’t want to kill him. After hearing this Nero tries to correct the mistake of paying mercy's price, and decides to be merciless like his young father which always saw violence as a solution, he shoots Angelo in the back and leaves him in the ocean's beach. One of Strega's man notices Nero without Angelo in the car and realises that Angelo is near, after finding him and taking him back to Strega, they cure the wound. Angelo explains why he Killed Galassia. The story ends After the conversation which Strega asks Angelo to kill a certain unknown person to be made in the family and Angelo accepts it.|
|OVA||"Shoal of Time"|
Transcription: "Jikan no asase" (Japanese: 時の浅瀬)
|5 July 2017|
|Three short flashback stories featuring Nero as an adolescent with his siblings and Vanno, Vincenzo Vanetti being made in the Moreno crime family, and Angelo tending to a sick Nero while on the run.|
- Tronco's grave states that he died in 1928 while the time of the story is set in the end of Prohibition according to the creators.
- All English titles are taken from Crunchyroll.
- "91 Days Original TV Anime Introduces Characters, Cast in New Promo Video". Anime News Network. 19 May 2016. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- "Fall 2016 SimulDub English Cast Announcements – For The Love of Dubs - Funimation – Blog!". www.funimation.com. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Durarara's Shuka Makes Prohibition-Era Revenge TV Anime 91 Days". Anime News Network. 23 March 2016. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "TK from Ling Tosite Sigure, ELISA Perform 91 Days Theme Songs". Anime News Network. 29 May 2016. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- Chapman, Paul (19 May 2016). "Teaser for Crime Drama TV Anime "91 Days" Reveals Voice Cast". Crunchyroll. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "Crunchyroll to Stream 91 Days, Taboo Tattoo, Orange, Mob Psycho 100, Sweetness & Lightning, Alderamin on the Sky". Anime News Network. 21 June 2016. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- "Funimation Announces Fall English Dub Line-Up". Anime News Network. 4 October 2016. Retrieved 8 October 2016.